+ t w o

+ Jade

February 20, 2017

The wedding day

"BREAKING NEWS: Jade Carter, daughter of Finn and Olivia Carter, the CEOs of Star Records, is set to marry her longtime beau Hakeem Lyon, the son of Empire CEOs Lucius and Cookie Lyon. What a joyous day for music. Sources claim-"

next channel.

"CNN reports live from The Plaza where the wedding of the decade will take place. Jade Carter and Hakeem Lyon, the children of some the biggest names in music, are set to get married in a few hours. Finn and Olivia-"

next channel.

"This is E! News reporting from you live from The Plaza where Jade Carter and Hakeem are set to get married-"

next channel.

"TMZ reports rumors of Jade Carter's alleged pregnancy being the reason for her marriage to Hakeem-"

I rolled my eyes as I flipped through various news outlets, reporting false information on my wedding. Even though I despise my parents and the Lyons, I truly applaud the way they faked this whole thing. I have never met Hakeem a day in my life nor have we've been seen out together, so you would think the idea of us getting married out of nowhere would struck questions to everyone. Wrong. Every since the news dropped of our engagement, people have been eating up and won't stop reporting how "in love" we are with one another. Also, completely disregarding the fact that Hakeem was publicly in a relationship. I swear, people would eat up any anything that news

I know what you're thinking, "I thought you were gonna fight the marriage." I was but my parents threatened to sue me. Crazy, right? Sue the child you fucked over just because she snuck on a wild vacation, instead of attending of her mother's benefit. I completely understand what I did was wrong and irresponsible, but forcing me into an arranged marriage is taking it too far.

And, I wouldn't mind being sued if I actually had shit owned to my name, but I don't. Everything I have is in my parent's name. Everything except my phone, credit cards, I.D., driver license, and birth certificate. It's sad, I know. I didn't think I was this bad until now. I would never want to depend on anyone again. I would never want my kids to, either. If I had some I would teach them independence at a very early age, so that when it's time for them to move on I wouldn't have to do as much as my parent's are doing for me. Keyword: if. As of right now, I wouldn't count on me ever having children.

I was zoning out so bad, I had Star yelling in my face. Star Davis is my best friend since second grade. I love her sassy, loud-mouthed white ass to death.

"Jade Alexandra!" Star said loudly, as she placed her hand on her hip. My eyes popped wide opened as I looked from the tv to at her. Why was she yelling in my hotel suite?

"What?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"Oh, so are you forgetting that you're getting married in three hours and you still haven't gotten your hair, makeup, or put your wedding gown on yet?" Star screeched. Damn, does this girl know the meaning of inside voice? And as far as the whole getting married part goes, I really don't care. What me and Hakeem have isn't real.

"Girl, you are getting married to Hakeem Lyon! A Lyon. Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your place right now? And here you are, flipping through the channels as if this was just another ordinary day." Star continued to lecture me. "Are you not happy that it's your wedding day, girl?"