+ f i v e

+ Jade

One Month Later

Marriage life isn't exactly what I'd thought it would be. But then again, Hakeem and I aren't an average married couple. I'm in the big ass mansion, bored out of my life, but it was my decision to do so. I wanted to come to terms with this whole arrange marriage mess, and I also didn't want to associate with any of my family members - especially my parents. I honestly wouldn't mind never having to set my eyes on my parents ever again. They've burned every bridge imaginable with me.

Also shortly after our wedding day, Hakeem finalized that he and Tiana weren't gonna end just because he had a ring on his finger. That's the day I caught them both fucking in what's supposed to be our bed. It's not like I cared, but I was scarred for life. It was disgusting to see them going at it in the bed that I used to sleep in. Now, I'm sleeping in the guest bedroom. It's not as comfortable as the other bed, but it'll do. I'd dump myself in acid twice, before I ever thought about sleeping in that bed again.

But what I am most upset about, is the lack of respect his narrowed ass has been showing me. Like he said, he doesn't have to like me, but he damn sure will be respecting me. I don't know how many times the nigga has called me out of my name, but it has to stop soon before I catch a case. He's acting as if I planned this arrange marriage ordeal. He's not the only one who's gotten a year of their life stripped away from them. And that's why I can't stand him - he's a selfish, inconsiderate pig. Hakeem acts if the world owes him something - as if he's so high and mighty. He needs to seriously humble himself. And there's no one to blame but Cookie and Lucious. Lord knows my parents wouldn't have me acting that way.

And also since the wedding, the press has been hot on my ass. I could never go anywhere, without at least a dozen of them asking me about life with Hakeem and the Lyons. That's the other reason why I've been in hideout. The paps were unbelievably evasive, and don't respect anyone's privacy. If I wanted to ever come to terms with my life right now, the best way to do that is stay clear of any publicity.

But today was different. I don't want to keep playing victim in this situation and I want to work on forgiving my parents. Even though they did something so terrible, I'll leave God to do the judging. Plus, I won't deny that I've been missing their company. Blue's, as well. I haven't seen my baby sister since the reception, and now she's probably confused as to why I've cut all contact from her. Even thought I love my sister to death, I just wasn't ready to deal with my parents at the time.

"To where, Mrs. Lyon?" My personal driver, Kinsley, said in his thick British accent.

"My parents' estate, please." I said, while placing my Tom Ford sunglasses onro my eyes and looking out of the window.

It felt really nice to be out of the house in, for what it feels like, a million and one years. I've never been one to stay up in the house all day. It feels like I'm missing something out there if I am. But these paps were going wild and I didn't have the time for it.

It wasn't too long before Kinsley pulled up into the gates of my parents' mansion. He typed in the code and the gates opened, then he proceeded to drive forward until were parked outside of the front door.

"Should I wait here, Mrs. Lyon?" I cringed at the use of my new formal name. I hated it. But I know he was only doing his job, so I didn't complain.

"Yes, Kinsley, that would be fine." I saidd politely before getting out of the luxurious car.

My parents mansion with everything. It was three stories high and covered about 25 acres. Inside, there was too many bedrooms to count, a game room, pool area (inside and outside), family room, movie room, a white room, two kitchens, and a huge library. There were workers tending around the areas around the house almost every day. But what else could you expect from Finn and Olivia Carter?

The Arrangement || Bryshere GrayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara