+ s e v e n

+ Jade

Last night's altercation with Hakeem really left me bothered. Not only did he had the nerve to walk up in my room unannounced and try to portray me as some type of gold digging homewrecker, he called me out of my name multiple times. So I did the only thing that came to my mind - I beat his ass with the broom. I bet he won't disrespect me anymore.

But it also pissed me off that Cookie has been spewing lies to her son about me, when the bitch doesn't even know me. And she made no effort to stop Lucious and my parents from signing the contract, so she can't speak on anything. She's just as bad as them, and the fact that she won't own up to it makes her a complete hypocrite.

Overall, I'm just hella pissed. Anything could set me off in the wrong way. People better watch their steps because they're walking around a savage.

"What's with you, Jade?" Star questioned.

I invited her, Simone, and Cotton over for brunch. I needed some type of entertainment in this mansion, or else I would lose my damn mind.

"Nothing, just thinking." I smiled a little.

"How's your mom and her pregnancy?" Simone asked excitedly.

They didn't have the slightest clue what was going on in my life, and they didn't need to. They only know that I come from a happy home and I'm in a happy marriage. It sucks to not tell my closest friends about what I'm going through, but there's some things in life that you gotta deal with on your own.

"She's great, I guess." I replied with a shrug.

I honestly dont't give a fuck about my mom as of right now. As long as she's healthy and taking care of my unborn  brothers and Blue, I didn't care what the hell she wad doing. The same goes for my dad, as well.

"You guess? You haven't spoken to her?" Cotton asked with a frown.

Nope, and I will never speak to her again. I didn't owe my parents another word after what happened.

"Not that much since the wedding. We've both been pretty busy." It wasn't partially a lie, but they didn't need to know my business.

"You should call her, and put her on speaker. Like old times." Simone suggested with a cheesy grin.

Lord, Simone, do you know how much of a bad idea that is?

"Not right now. She's busy with her career, Blue, and now keeping herself healthy with the twins. I don't want to bother her." I told her, taking another sip of wine.

It was partially true. I didn't want to bother Beyoncé. I bet she's glad that I'm out of the picture, that's one more child less that she has to deal with. Why would she marry me off to a stranger if otherwise?

"Oh shit! Simone, Star we have that nail appointment at three. It's two thirty, y'all know Ling Ling don't play." Cotton fussed.

She threw her purse over her shoulder and walked towards the door. Well damn, just leave then.

"So y'all just gonna come up in my house, eat my food, and then leave?" I asked them, a bit annoyed.

I was genuinely looking forward to spend time with my girls, since we don't get to see one another that often. They're the only people that I have that's close to friends. They're practically the only people that I can actually call family.

"Girl, you know we love you, but these dusty ass nails come first today." Simone said, looking at her nails in disgust.

I sighed, and watched as her and Cotton headed out the door. Star just stared, as if trying to figure out something. She'd been extremely quiet today.