+ f o u r

+ Jade

The Reception

If I thought the actual wedding was extravagant, the reception topped it.
There were lots of people here. It was like those from the wedding times ten. Most of these people I have never met in my entire life. But the worst part about it, was that Hakeem and I were glued to the damn hip all night & had to put on this front as the happily married couple.

"Now, if it isn't my boy Hakeem and the new Mrs. Lyon." A voice said from behind us.

We both turned around and had come face to face with Hakeem's N.E. movie cast mates, Elijah Kelley, Luke James, Algee Smith, Woody McClain, and Keith Powers. I have to admit, Hakeem and and his boys were some gorgeous black men.

"Hey, man!" Hakeem dapped up Elijah and the rest of his boys.

"You're not gonna introduce your wife to us, man?" Elijah feigned being hurt and put a hand over his chest. smirked. I fought to not smirk. "Allow to introduce myself, Jade. I'm Elijah, and that's Keith, Algee, Luke, and Woody." He listed off the rest of the guys.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet some friends of Hakeem." I told them sincerely, shaking each of their hands.

"I know you're not talking about people not introducing their wives, Eli."

A female voice said from behind the guys. They stepped aside, and I was met with one of the most beautiful women I have ever met. I wondered if there was a relationship between this woman and Elijah.

"Allow me to introduce myself, since it seems as if my husband has lost his manners." The woman said, throwing a playful but not-so-playful glare towards her husband. "I'm Emerald Kelley, Elijah's wife."

Emerald. A beautiful for name for a beautiful woman.

"Hi." I smiled politely at the beautiful Emerald. Just being in the presence of this woman makes me self-conscious, and I'm never self-conscious. "I'm-" I began to speak, but she cut me off .

"Jade Carter, the eldest daughter of Finn and Olivia Carter. Your parents are the CEOs of Star Records and are living legends." Emerald stated with a smirk. "Not to mention, that you're drop dead gorgeous. Hakeem's picked a good one."

I fought hard not to blush. Not because she mentioned my marriage to Hakeem, but this woman just called me drop dead gorgeous. "Thank you."

"Yeah, Hakeem did pick a good one." Woody spoke up. "I find it funny, really, how just a month ago he was madly in love with Tiana, and he's married to you. Isn't that crazy?"

There was no doubt that he didn't believe my marriage and relationship to Hakeem was real, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Well, that's love for ya. It comes in many shapes and forms. You should know." I spoke because it seemed as if Hakeem didn't really care to deny it.

He must like public humiliation, but for me, I hate it. And now that I'm a Lyon, it's gonna be more harder for me to maintain my perfect image. My career's just getting started, and I'd got to hell and back before I let the Lyons and their ratchetness take it all away.

"Hmm." Woody sipped on his champagne, eyeing Hakeem and I intensely. "I see. Well, we'll let you two have some privacy if you can." He finally said and I realized I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

After that, they were all gone. Hakeem got some messy ass friends in his life. I'm lucky that I have friends that knows when and when not to overstep their boundaries.