||Chapter 9||

I looked at him with shock.
"W-work? F-for you?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Yes. That's what I just said. I need a new PA since my last one is gone." He stated and I felt nervous.

"I- I don't know," my heart was beating fast.
He looked me in the eyes.
"I guess you're right. I don't think you'd be able to handle such a job. Just forget about it." He stated and I felt anger pulsing through me.
He doesn't think I can handle it?! I'll show him!

"I'll take it." I said so quickly my sentence sounded like one word.
He looked at me surprised and looked like he was in deep thought.

"Wait. What's a PA?" I asked, feeling a bit stupid.
He looked at me and frowned.
"Personal Assistant." He said as if he wasn't sure.
My eyes widened.

Me? Damon Queen's personal assistant?!
Damn... I'm not even qualified to do such things... and what does that even mean?

I was shocked, surprised, amazed, and unsure.

But that job could save me. It could save my apartment. My life.
You could see hope in my eyes.

"Please, I need it." I said desperately. I was so close to him now I was nearly touching him.
I was so enthusiastic!
I could have a job!
He actually offered me a job!

"I'll think about it." He said, I could tell he regretted mentioning it to me.

"Damon please-"
"It's Mr. Queen for you." He said, and I didn't know wether he was joking or not.

I looked at him and noticed he was close to me. I sat straight in my seat lowering my head.

We finally arrived to my apartment.
We sat there in silence for a few minutes and I realized what he meant.

"You won't give me the job." I stated, sadly. What's the fucking point of mentioning it?

He looked at my disappointed face. I avoided his eyes.
For a moment, for a little, little moment, I thought that maybe everything would be alright. False hope is worse than no hope. At least for me.

I was about to leave when he grabbed me by the hand.
I looked him in his emerald eyes as he gave me his business card.
"Monday, 8am sharp. Bring your CV." He said and I gave him a small smile and a nod.

"Thank you, Mr. Queen." I said carefully.
When he realized he was still holding my hand, he let go immediately.

I looked at him one last time, and closed the door. He drove off almost instantly.

Yes! I might have a job! I just need to get through the interview and bring a CV with a lot of lies over how experienced I am!

Happily, I ran into my apartment trying not to get soaking wet.

That night, I laid in bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

After a night of unpleasant dreams, I woke up at 7:20.
I looked at my phone and groaned.
What am I supposed to do for the whole day? Couldn't I sleep at least till 12?
It's only Sund- HOLY WATER!
It's Monday!

How was that even possible?! Oh right, I spent the whole Sunday sleeping and turning in bed. It just felt like a long night for me.

I quickly rushed out of bed and went to take the quickest shower in my life. I threw a creamy colored pencil skirt on and a formal white shirt with small white high heels.
I made a quick ponytail, quickly ate a ham sandwich, took my CV and I was out.

I took a cab and gave him the card with the address. He looked at me quite shocked but I just hurried him to go because it was already 7:43.

Luckily, there wasn't much traffic so we arrived there at 7:56. I quickly paid the driver and walked inside the company.
It looked big, very big.