Epilogue

Let me tell you this- it's been hard, without him. I couldn't do anything, he wasn't even in America. He didn't pick up any of my calls and I wasn't allowed to enter his company or my former home-his penthouse.

I cried often, I had nightmares almost every night. I distanced myself from everyone, even Lola which was hard considering I lived with her. I couldn't believe he was just... gone. It wasn't fair. I didn't care if he hurt me, all I want is get back to him. I know he thinks this is better for me, but it really isn't. I will always love him.

I dreaded everyday now. I couldn't concentrate on anything, because everything reminded me of him, and it hurt. It was also frustrating because I knew he loved me too, and yet he left me. If only I could talk to him, if only he would listen...

Today was Monday. I woke up from a few hours of sleep at 6am. I was tired, and unhappy. But I had college, so I temporarily got my shit together.

This is going to be a long day... I thought to myself.

Damon
It was stupid, if you asked me. The endless fucking circle.

I went back to what I would call 'normal'. I concentrated on expanding my business in Europe and tried to forget she ever existed. I even changed my number.

I went numb. I didn't feel anything anymore. The days were just empty holes of nothingness. I didn't let myself miss her, or the way she made me feel. I didn't let myself think about her, that's why I had a lot of distractions.

The longer I kept this up, the more I regretted it, no matter how much I lied to myself. She made me feel better. She made me the closest I could be to happy. And as I was drowning further into my old self, I began to be more selfish than usually. And if she made me feel right, why should I care if I made her feel bad...?

On one Monday morning, I snapped. It's been months. Months I've spent without her and the pain never left. I couldn't stand waking up alone anymore. I didn't care how desperate I seemed, I fucking loved her, and I loved the way she made me feel: loved, needed, special.

Natalie
Of course, the day was awfully long. It seemed like forever since the last time I saw him. And I desperately needed him. I exited the college building and walked into the warm, rainy afternoon. I was thinking so hard about him, I think I even saw him.

But that can't be, he left. I must be going insane. I walked through the parking lot and I stopped dead in my tracks.

His Porsche.

I saw him leaning against it, wearing one of his amazing suits. His eyes were distant, yet concentrated on me. I felt like my heart stopped. I pinched myself as if I was dreaming- but he really was standing there.

I didn't know what to do- relief washed over me, and hurt, and love. I started hyperventilating and felt the warm tears roll over my already wet cheeks from the rain. I dropped my bag and rushed into his arms.

He held me firmly and breathed into my neck as he pulled me closer towards him. "I'm so sorry, Natalie. I'm sorry I left you. Please, could you ever forgive?" He asked sincerely and I exhaled a deep breath, not wanting to ever let him go.

"Of course..."