||Chapter 4||

I don't know why but I got in with him. Somehow I didn't feel like he would've hurt me.
Damn that Porsche though.

I put my seat belt on and waited as he walked around the car to his seat.

I noticed that he looked kind of disappointed but damn his emotionless stare...

When he sat down we nearly immediately drove off at high speed. I could feel my heart beating incredibly fast.

I told him the name of my street but didn't say the number. He seemed like he knew his way around the city.

Throughout the silent drive, he sometimes glanced at me and I looked back at him.

"Why are you taking me home?" I asked calmly.

"Can't a gentleman drive a lady home? I wouldn't want you to walk such a long way after dark... especially looking at the recent situation." I knew he was referring to the night we met.

"I don't your protection. Why are you so interested in me?" At that question he frowned. He remained silent for a while.

"How could I not be interested in someone as beautiful as you? I wouldn't want something to happen to you." What... what?! Did he just complement me... and say that he's interested... in me? No... Damon Queen, interested in me?! But he didn't know me...

Now I was the one that remained silent.

"I do apologize for my behavior last time. I never meant to hurt you, and most definitely didn't want to give you those bruises. I was having a tough day."

My eyes widened as I looked outside. Did he just... apologize?

Before I could say anything we arrived on my street. I didn't tell him exactly where I lived.

"Just stop here." I said not wanting him to know.

"Thanks for the drive... and don't worry about the last time. It's just... I'm sorry I'm really not interested." I said as I walked out.

Damon

When we finally arrived and I stopped the car, I looked at her and noticed her red, tired eyes. She must be working her ass off at that Café. I heard that they don't treat their workers fair and imagine all the rude comments from men during the day. The thought made me clench my fists and when I realized, I let go and looked confused. I looked back at her and she probably saw my confused stare but she ignored it.

⏳............................................................

"I'm sorry I'm really not interested."

What? She was WHAT?

I stared at her with my mouth slightly opened as she exited the car. I couldn't believe she rejected me like that.

I had the car, the money, the looks, I even tried to be polite!

I sighed and looked back but she was nowhere to be found. I drove off home.

I don't know what it was about her, but she got me really interested in her and I couldn't get her out of my head. I thought that after she ran from my penthouse that I'd never see her again, yet there she was...

She made me feel like I was responsible for her, that I have to take care of her. I didn't like that. But somehow our paths keep crossing.

Whatever... Now, business.

I didn't drive home. I drove to one of my companies.

I parked the car and when I walked in I could see maybe the maximum of 10 people, mostly guards and security.

I took my private elevator and went straight to my office. I saw some new papers on my desk, and I knew what they were.

They were from Rob, my employee for special things. The papers were about Natalie. I picked them up. It said that she was born in California, her mother died when she was 15, her father probably doesn't even know she exists. No siblings. Blah blah. Stepfather. Blah blah. Dropped out of school.
Why would she drop out of school?

It also said she moved here about one or two months ago, alone. Why would she do that?

There was also a picture of her on her mother's funeral. Her chestnut hair were straightened and she had a beautiful tight black dress. She was looking away from the camera but you could see the sadness in her eyes.
She still looked beautiful.