||Chapter 20||

"Damon, this is-" I tried but got interrupted by Damon.

"Oliver Nackelmore. What a pleasure to see you again." There was so much sarcasm in that one word I don't think anyone wouldn't notice he didn't mean it.

Oh, so they already know each other...
Oliver Nackelmore and Damon Queen shook their hands and it looked like a really tight, harsh shake.

Their eyes didn't leave each other until Damon broke the silence.
"I see you met my acquaintance for tonight, Miss Sene."

His voice was full of pride and confidence.
Mr. Nackelmore swallowed hard and then plastered a huge, handsome smile on his face.
"Yes, Miss Sene is a lovely woman. I was just escorting her to the garden, she looked a little pale."

Uh... now they're talking as ifI'm not standing right next to them.

"I'm sure I can take her now, Mr. Nackelmore."
Damon said with a little anger and annoyance.
What is wrong with them?

"Oh, but it is no problem. It looks like you have more important things to do than to take care of her." Mr. Nackelmore made it sound as if Damon couldn't take care of me.
I bit my lip stopping myself from laughing.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" Damon asked angrily, looking straight at Mr. Nackelmore.
"I saw that Miss Sene was alone for a long time, abandoned, like a little puppy." He filled his voice with sweet, fake concern.

He was literally playing with fire.
I'm not some kind of lost puppy!
I tried to take my arm out of his but he didn't let me, he just tightened his grip.

If stares could kill, Mr. Nackelmore would be swimming with piranhas and Mr. Queen would be stabbed at least 20 times.

I noticed that Damon was still standing perfectly blocking the way outside.

For a moment, my vision got blurry and I needed fresh air. I blinked rapidly trying to clear my vision. When it cleared, I noticed that Damon wasn't staring at Mr. Nackelmore anymore, but at me.

His cold stare made my heart skip a beat.
Mr. Nackelmore was handsome, but not even half as handsome as Damon.

And I bet not as rich...
I could tell Mr. Queen and Mr. Nackelmore hated each other. They both had those cold and harsh stares towards each other.

"I can assume you she's fine, Mr. Nackelmore." Damon finally added.
"How would you know? You left her within minutes."

Oh God he didn't!
I knew that was about to get violent so I stepped suddenly out of Mr. Nackelmore's grip and cleared my throat.

"Mr. Guacamole-"
"It's Nackelmore."
"Right, it was my pleasure to meet you but Damon and I should get going." I said a little nervously with a smile.

I wasn't lying, I really felt tired and I needed to unlace this goddamn corset before I'd faint.
I could feel his cold stare on me, but I didn't care. It wasn't as cold as Damon's, so I stared right back.

As I was facing Mr. Nackelmore, I was with my back to Mr. Queen.
As I was about to turn around, I felt strong, familiar hands wrap around my waist, holding me steadily.
I was still angry at him, but his touch felt so good...

Mr. Nackelmore just nodded and whispered a small, "of course," with a gentle smile. He took one last look at me, and I was off with Damon's hands around me.

We didn't even go back to the ballroom, we simply headed straight towards the exit.
2 servants opened the huge doors for us and the paparazzi flashed their cameras at us.
We rushed back to our limousine but I couldn't walk as fast as Damon with these heels and such a tight corset.

When we finally reached the car, we went inside almost instantly.
We started driving and I had hard time controlling my breathing.

I was so pissed off at Damon for leaving me there for the whole 2 hours I thought I was gonna hit him.

I always shout at him or offend him when I'm angry. Maybe I should just keep my distance and keep quiet this time. Silent- treatment, bitch.

I wonder how he will react to that...

I could feel his stare on me as we drove through the city.
I avoided his eyes and concentrated on my breathing instead.
"What's wrong?" Demon asked and I didn't even turn my head in his direction.

What's wrong?! Is he serious?!
"Nothing." I said angrily.
He just looked at me and frowned.

When we arrived outside the hotel I rushed out of the car slamming the door behind me and nearly ran towards the elevator.

I was halfway there when he just got out of his car. Shortly, I heard him shout,
"Natalie!"
I didn't turn around, I just fastened my pace.
I entered the elevator and pressed the button for the 70th and something floor at least a hundred times.
Did the elevator close on time?
Of course it didn't.

I could barely see as Damon entered the elevator and said something towards me. I couldn't make out what it was. My vision was very blurry and everything started to spin around. My knees felt weak and my head ached. My breathing wasn't steady and I felt really tired.

My vision darkened and I fell gently into Damon's arms. I couldn't see clearly but I felt his arms picking me up. My eyes wanted to close but I didn't let them. They were half closed and it took me a lot of strength to keep them a little bit open.

I slightly moaned in frustration.
I felt like I was about to faint completely, and the echo of the familiar ding wondered in my ears.
I think I heard Damon's voice. He was saying something and walking.
Then, he placed me on something soft, probably a bed.

"Co..." I mumbled with dizziness and I could hear Damon say,
"What?"
"Cor..set." I whispered and his hands went immediately to my back.

I felt the dress going down, leaving me with my corset. His hands went to my breasts and loosened the corset, making me smile in delight of my lungs working property again.
I took small, deep breaths and I felt immediately better.

I felt his hands on my cheeks and then he covered me with a blanket.
I heard his footsteps as he walked away.

It took me about 10 minutes to feel like myself again.
My vision wasn't blurry anymore and I didn't feel tired.
I noticed that I was in my room. I quickly stood up and changed from this tormenting corset to my new comfy lingerie.

I still felt weak so I just took the blanket and wrapped it around my nearly naked body.
I twisted the doorknob and exited the room.
Damon noticed me and walked immediately towards me.
"Are you okay?" He asked coldly, staring into my eyes.
I nodded gently.
"You should go to bed." He said and wrapped his hands around my waist, gently.
I could feel his warm hands through the blanket and onto my skin.

Somehow, I didn't want him to let go.