Part 7

(Not proofread. Ignore the typos)

Wo jo dabi si aanch baki hai...

"Hello Chote, how are you and Akash?" She chirped picking up his call.

"Uh- Kuch baat bani?(Is there any progress?)" She asked cautiously when he didn't reply thinking that maybe the things didn't work out?

"Yeah. She agreed to get mar--engaged to me." He said silently.

"Really?" She was surprised and happy but she didn't miss the sadness in his voice.

"Hmm"

"Then why do you sound so dull Chote? Aren't you happy? This is what you wanted. When she is giving you the chance. Grab it and make sure you never make her regret it."

"You like winning, no? Guess what, I know the feeling of loss and trust me at the end of our relation I would make sure that you feel it too.You would regret the day you asked me to marry you when I will be done with you!"

He started scratching the table's surface with the sharp edge of the key.

"Chote?" She called when she didn't hear any reply.

"I did it Di.All over again." He mumbled sounding like a child who comes to his parents after messing things up.

Anjali sighed.

"What did you do?" She kept her calm.

"She refused me Di. She said NO many a times. What would I have done then?" He defended himself.

"Chote.." Her tone told him to come to the point.

"I might have blackmailed her to say yes to me." He mumbled, the scratching noise grew more in the room.

"Will you scratch that might from your sentence? You did blackmail her." She sounded angry.

"Are you going to scold me now?"

He heard her huff before she exhaled as if to control her temper.

"No.Because I know it will be useless because you will do whatever come to your mind anyways."

He closed his eyes.

"I told you Di. I am only going to hurt her." He leaned back on the headboard.His voice wasn't above a whisper.

"ME Di! I AM the problem!"

"She is a very innocent, bubbly, chirpy girl with never say die spirit and ME... i am a very cunning, arrogant and shrewd man with a zeal to burn everything that comes my way, that challenges me and SHE..."

"...She will challenge me in every path of my life with her contrasted opinion about life with me and I being the egoist person will do anything to contradict her, to prove her wrong"

"At the end, the result will be only this..HURT from ME to HER! I can't ruin her life by binding her to me"

"Yeah I do remember Chote. Can you rewind your words and recall where exactly you ended your logics?" She urged him.

"I am selfish but not that much that i destroy her life just to make mine! She deserves better who love her the way she loves life"

His eyes shot open.

"Fine. Give up. Let her parents find a suitable match for her whom she deserves and let them marry her off to--"

"NO WAY DI!" He growled.