CHAPTER FOUR;

Carter's pov.

I didn't mean to scare her, I didn't mean to scare my mate.

I knew she was my mate the moment she turned around. My wolf was screaming at me to mark her as ours, so no one else could have her.

I didn't want anyone else to have her. She was mine, all mine.

I had been watching her, I just sat here watching her. A guy called Em carried her up here. I thought Em was a weird name for a boy, but he told me his full name was Emanuel, but his sister couldn't say that when she was little. So it got changed to Em.

The way he spoke of his sister, you could tell he loved her. The way he carried this girl up to her room, you could tell he also loved her.

I was hoping that this was his sister, I didn't want to break them up If they were together.

I didn't want to hurt my mate in any way. I knew it would be hard to just walk away from her, but I would. If that is what she would want, I would walk away in a heartbeat.

“Why do you keep starring at her like that?” that Em guy had just walked into the room.

Should I lie to him?

“Like what?” Okay, so I know it was a bad lie but my mind was preoccupied, worrying about my mate.

“Dude, I have Alpha blood in me, double the normal amount, don't lie to me.”

He had Alpha blood in him? Why wasn't he Alpha and she was? On the bright side, she is his sister, so I won't be breaking them up.

“She's my mate.” I didn't bother lying, he would find out sooner or later.

“Really?” I could hear the surprise in his voice, he also sounded slightly sad. Why he was sad, I do not know.

“Yeah.” I didn't want to talk to him anymore, so I turned to face my mate.

I just stared at her sleeping face, she looked so peaceful, my...

Wait, I don't even know her name, I don't know my mate's name.

“Uh... What's her name?” I asked Em,

He chuckled a little, “Her names Everleigh, but everyone just calls her Ever.”

Ever... I liked the sound of that, Ever and Carter Falls.

Mrs. Everleigh Falls.

I know I am getting ahead of myself now, but we are mates. We are bound to get married and have kids together.

I am so glad I waited to find my mate, now it can be perfect. Our first times; at least I hope it is. I hope she is a virgin still.

“Ever?” Em's voice broke me out of my trance, she was waking up.

“Em?” Her voice, it was angelic.

I leaned forward in my seat, and placed my hand on her arm. She jumped back.

“W..Who are you?” She was looking at me, she was scared. One hundred percent scared; of me, her mate.

I didn't want to stay in this room anymore, so I got up and left.

I walked out into the hallway.

This house was massive, they must be a pretty big pack. I don't even know the name of this pack.

Spending all this time in a pack house makes me miss mine. I wish they were all here, I wish they could all meet my mate. But most of all I wish I could speak to them all one more time, just to say goodbye.