CHAPTER ELEVEN;

Carter’s pov.

I was sitting in the kitchen with Em, Jamie had gone on a walk with Ever.

Em and I were discussing the ‘holiday.’

“I think Ireland sounds like a good idea, you will be far enough away.”

“Em, I still think this is a bad idea, she should know. You know how mad she is going to be when she finds out why we are really going away.” I frowned, I didn’t even want to imagine how Ever was going to react.

“Carter, do you want her to die?”

‘CARTER!’

I heard Ever scream in my head, I didn’t reply to Em.

‘What’s wrong Ever?’

I replied, I was panicking slightly. I mean, what if something had happened to her? Or the babies?

I think I sounded mad, but it was definitely not at Ever, it was at Em. I hated how he was making me lie to Ever.

‘I need you, now!’

Ever screamed again.

‘Why?’

I asked back, I got up from the table and started pacing. What is wrong with Ever?

‘It’s time.’

Time? What is she on about?

“Carter?” I looked up at Em

“Yeah?” I asked

“What’s going on?” I looked at him and thought for a moment.

“Ever said its time, but time for what I have no idea.” I shook my head.

‘Time?’

I asked her.

‘My water just broke Carter, It’s time’

I didn’t reply, I jumped up from the table and ran out of the house.

I could smell Ever and Jamie in the local park. I was trying to run as fast as I could, I had never ran this fast before.

Nothing else mattered, only Ever and the babies.

I ran and ran, I wasn’t going to stop until I got to Ever and got her to Melanie.

I was almost there and I could hear them talking.

“I’m so sorry Jamie; I just want to wait for Carter.” She was crying, I pushed myself harder and faster.

“Don’t cry Ever, I understand.”

“Understand what?”

“CARTER!” She screamed, I ran over to the bench.

I put one arm behind her back and the other under her legs.

I lifted her up and turned to face Jamie.

“Let’s get you to the hospital miss. Those babies want out.” She put her face in my chest as I ran, werewolf speed, to the hospital.

I ran as fast as I could to Melanie, I barged into her house.

I felt bad at first when I saw her and her mate sitting at the table; having a romantic meal.

But then Ever screamed out in pain and all my feelings towards them went.

“Melanie, she is in labour!” I said, Melanie jumped up from her seat and walked over to me.

“Are you sure?”