CHAPTER TWELVE;

Em’s pov.

1 month later...

He should be here by now, he should have come. Where is he?

Carter and I were standing in the field that surrounds our pack house, all of the fighters in our pack were standing behind us. We were waiting for Kane to show up. We were waiting to fight, and hopefully kill that monster.

The one who is constantly on my mind.

The one who ruined my life.

The one who is trying to ruin my baby sisters life.

It had been a month since Ever gave birth, I was so proud of her. She gave birth to three healthy babies; two boys and a girl, all of which I love.

I am so happy to be an uncle, it is an amazing feeling. When they look at you, when they smile at you, it’s like the sun shining on a rainy day. It just changes everything.

I wish I could have kids; I want to be a father so bad.

Even though I know I never will be, the desire to be one is so intense.

Would Georgia hate me if I mated with another wolf? A mate less one of course, I could never take someone’s mate. I know the pain they would feel.

I wish Georgia was still alive. I wish she could be the mother of my children.

I could feel my blood boiling. This monster, Kane, he is the reason I will never be a father. He killed my mate.

He should be dead, I should have killed him the day it happened but I froze. I let him get away.

“Em, do you think he is coming?” Carter’s voice broke me out of the rage I was having in my head.

“He said he would be here, why wouldn’t he show?” I snapped; I know I shouldn’t be taking my anger out on Carter. He was risking his life, and he had no reason to. Sure Kane threatened Ever, but he would never get through the fighters in our pack. But Carter is at the front, right beside me. He is a true warrior.

“Sorry dude, I didn’t mean to snap.” I said, feeling ashamed I let my anger get the best of me, sometimes I hate having loads of Alpha blood in me.

“It’s okay.” Carter said, not taking his eyes off of the clearing. Watching for Kane, waiting for him to attack.

I would do anything to protect my family, even if it meant losing my own life.

‘Em please be careful!’

Ever’s voice rang in my head, I had to smile. Her plate was as full as it could get right now.

She was a mother of three, one month old babies.

She was an Alpha of the second biggest pack in the world.

Yet she still has time to worry about me.

‘Don’t worry Ever, we will be home soon. We will win.’

I sounded so confident, so sure. But in reality I was freaking out.

I didn’t know if we stood a chance against Kane. I didn’t know if we could win, but I sure would try.

Carter’s pov.

I looked over at Em, I knew he was having an inner battle with his wolf.

We had been standing here for four hours, Kane hadn’t showed up.

Personally I didn’t think he was, being the mate of the Alpha, I could order them all back.