2

Eliza ⬆️

"I'm on my way to better days
I'll find my faith I'll find a way"
-Breaking Benjamin (Better Days)

The smell was absolutely mouthwatering and made my knees go weak.

"Do you... you you smell that?" I asked Eliza who looked at me like I was a lunatic and inhaled through her nose.

"No." She said with a confused voice.

"But it smells so good. Like leather and campfire smoke." I inhaled again, wanting to make a candle out of this amazing scent.

My wolf was pairing in my head and that's when I saw the most gorgeous man standing on the stage roiling around, also inhaling though his nose once in a while.

He looked about 6'7 in height. He was wearing black jeans the fit around his legs tight but not too tight. His shirt was a red button up with shirt sleeves and I could see a six pack through the white shirt that was fit tightly around his torso that he was wearing with the shirt.

His hair was raven black, long on top and shaved around. His jaw looked like it could cut anything. Then I met his amazing grey eyes and I was immediately lost.

They looked like the most silver moon you would ever see

They looked like the most silver moon you would ever see. Like somebody took pieces of pure silver and put it as his irises.

He stared back at me, and then his eyes trailed down my body then back up.

"Mate" he growled, making everyone gasp and look around. I also heard an exited squeal and a click of heels, most likely stilettos and a high pitches voice shout.

"Baby it's me! Your future luna! Your mate!" Brittany yelled as she locked her arms around my mates torso making me growl lowly. "I'm so glad we found each other. Do you feel these sparks? Well I do." She squealed.

My mate looked down at her, growled then pushed her away, making her fall to the floor.

"Not you." He said. His voice deep amazing and hard. "Her" his voice got softer as his eyes found mine, and he pointed at me.

"The freak?!" Brittany yelled out in protest.

"Brittany silence!" A thick Russian accent shouted across the room, Alpha Artemiy emerging from behind the door. "You will not speak to your future Luna Queen like that, or any other member of this pack or you will be stripped of your warrior daughter title and made a servant for the pack. Understood?"

"Yes alpha." Brittany whispered, hung her head down in shame and scurried out of the room.

"Now, Rhiannon, why don't you come up here and everyone else can go." Alpha Artemiy said. I gave Eliza a quick hug before slowly walking up to the stage.

I stood next to Alpha Balthazar who had a good foot on me so I had to look up at him, only reaching his shoulder.

"Alpha Balthazar, allow me to introduce you to Rhiannon Davis. One of the nicest and most sincere girls in this pack." He spoke proudly.

"Rhiannon. Such a beautiful name. For such a stunning girl." He complimented, my name sounding heavenly out of his mouth. That is the list jay I've ever gotten out of someone calling my name.

"Thank you Alpha Balthazar." I smiled at him, bowing my head a little. This made him frown.

"Listen Rhiannon. You are my equal. You shall not bow to me. And please, call me just Balthazar." He said and smiled at me. And big was that the most the amazing smile I've ever seen. "You have dimples." He said, smiling even wider, making a dimple appear.

"So do you." I said, poking his dimple making sparks go up my arm.

A cough came from behind us, and we turned around to a beer red alpha Artemiy.

"Sorry guys but I have to go. But I'll leave you tow to it. Whatever you were doing." He said quickly and then left. I giggled at me Alpha and turned to Balthazar.

"You have a beautiful laugh." He said.

"Thank you."

------

The minute I arrived home Declan stood there, waiting with his arms crossed.

"So you're alphas little whore now eh?" He said in a nasty voice.

"I am not a whore. I am his mate." I growled at him. Big mistake. He swung at me, hitting on the side of my head.

"You think he would want you if he knew about your stupid no good heart? Huh?" He growled, kicking me in the ribs. "You think he would want to spend tens of thousands of dollars on your stupid surgery?! Answer me!"

"No! He wouldn't." I sobbed. Maybe he's right.

"Good. Now go clean yourself up you useless bitch. And make me something to eat." He spit next to me and then stomped up to his room.

Maybe he's right. Maybe Balthazar won't want me if he knew that I could die. Maybe he will reject me and then just go looking for another girl to be his luna. A stronger one. One that he won't need to spend fifty thousand dollars on in one sitting.

I have decided, I won't tell Balthazar about my heart. Maybe the doctors were wrong and I actually won't die.
We'll see.