4

Balthazar⬆️

"Think before you make up your mind
You don't seem to realize
I can do it on my own"
-Sum 41 (Some Say)

I've been in this pack for two weeks now and everything has been going great. I've met the pack but wast officially luna yet since we have to do the whole Luna ceremony and the marking and the mating. But Balthazar and I are taking it slow.

I still haven't told him about my condition. I take my medicine in secret when he's sleeping or away doing Alpha business. I haven't woken up to a coughing fit yet but did cough up blood a few times luckily when Balthazar was not here.

I am starting school next week and I am very exited to make some friends in this pack.

Right now I'm sitting at the kitchen counter eating some fruit scrolling through Instagram when I hear footsteps running towards the kitchen. Scratch that two pairs of footsteps.

Raymond, the beta comes running in, Balthazar following suit seeking to chase him.

Raymond slider across the counter, nearly knocking my bowl of fruit down.

"Hey! Slide your fat ass somewhere else. You almost left me fruit less!" I protested in a joking way.

"Sorry Luna. But please tell your mate to stop trying to kill me for no reason." Raymond said in a rush, trying to climb the fridge now.

"What even happened between you two?" I asked. This was a rather unusual sight.

"This." Balthazar said, finally turning to face me since I didn't see his face the whole time. I biter out laughing immediately.

Balthazar looked like a drag queen. His eyelids were done in a smoky eye with a hint of red. His lips were bright red and his face was contoured with blush, bronzer and highlights. To be honest he looks like one hell of a sexy drag queen.

"You look hot." I said, biting the sliced apple I had on my plate. "I'd bang you if I were a lesbian." I spoke with my mouth full.

"Wow. And here I'm thinking you'd be on my side." He rolled his eyes. "Do you have any make up remotes or something so I can take this disaster off?" He asked me, his eyes shining like a puppy's.

"Sorry but I don't wear make up." I shrugged and took another bite of the apple slice.

"Fuck. This is the only time I would wish you wore make up. And have I am thinking that that bag you have upstairs is full of make up." He ranted, arms crossed.

Just then, a girl maybe sixteen walked into the kitchen, whistling a tune.

"Oh hello Alpha Baltha--" she cut herself off and her eyes got wide when she saw the state Balthazar was in. "Excuse me, should I say Luna Balthazaria." She giggled, and Raymond and I burst out laughing, and Balthazar just growled.

"That was disrespectful, but I'll let it slide if you have any make up remover." Balthazar said grumpily.

"I do Alpha. If Luna will let me I will ask you to follow me so I can provide you with the needed materials." She said with a grin, finding Balthazar's state amusing as well.

"Go ahead. Get this goof cleaned up. I might support the LGBT community, but I'm not ready to become a part of it." I said, and Balthazar stuck his tongue out at me. Very mature alpha. Very mature.

Fifteen minutes later Balthazar waltzed into the room, face free of any make up.

"You know, I think I like you better as a female now." I teased, looking up from my phone.

"Haha very funny Rhi." Balthazar said in a monotone voice. He walked over to the bed and fell face first into the sheets next to me, stretching out one arm and wrapping it around me, pulling me towards himself.

"You know I'm very happy I found you. You are the best luna I could ever ask for." He said, looking up at me with a satisfied smile and sparkling eyes. "So beautiful. Sincere and honest. I was really worried that I would get some girl with a Botox face and silicone boobs who has slept with half the male population of the United States." He chuckled. "But I got you, and I couldn't be happier." He said and then leaned in to kiss me. His lips were soft and warm. They sent sparks through my entire body making me shiver.

"I love you Rhiannon. With every cell in my body." He said, his eyes telling me that what he said was not lie.

"I love you too Balthazar. You're the best mate I could ever ask for. You're a great alpha too." I smiled at him, and his grin could split his face in half. "You are one hell of a sexy woman too." I said and Balthazar rolled off of me with a frustrated groan. He took a pillow and covered his face with it, while I sat there and laughed my ass off until my chest started hurting.

I winced and gripped my chest over my heart, trying to even out my breath. Stupid heart, doesn't let me have any fun.

"Are you alright?" Balthazar's concerned voice spoke from beside me. I nodded and finally let go of my chest since the pain seemed to go away.

"I'm fine. It happens to everyone right? Just a little pain, nothing big." I said with a forced smile. Balthazar frowned.

"Right." He said, his voice suspicious.