The Wedding - Part 1

Hey all, and welcome! I've been promising these bonus chapters for forever and a half, and I'll admit there was a point where I didn't think I'd actually come through, but I managed! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, these chapters follow the events of my fic Crack of Sunlight, so if you haven't read that, you should before reading this!

For anyone who's read that and has clicked on this, thank you for being so patient. I hope these chapters meet your expectations and make the wait worth it!

---

Levi had never been a man of tradition. Eren would be lying if he said that wasn't part of why he'd fallen so hard for him.

It took a month and a half to convince him to get married the 'proper' way, and even then it was difficult for him to commit to the idea.

"Let's just throw a party, then," he'd said several times over, to which Eren protested each time.

"But why don't you wanna have a real wedding?" Eren would ask.

"Because it's lame," Levi scoffed every time.

It took two weeks for him to ask, "Why do you wanna have a traditional wedding?"

"Because," Eren said, smiling, Levi comfortably in his lap, straddling his waist as they lounged on the couch one evening. "I wanna exchange vows and show everyone how much I love you, and to show you off, and to show that you're mine." Levi's eyes were beginning to soften, his hands resting lightly on Eren's chest as he imagined it all while Eren gently ran his fingers through Levi's hair. "I wanna see you in a tux, with your hair slicked back..." His fingers trailed to the undercut, scratching it gently the way he'd recently discovered Levi liked.

The raven hummed slightly, inclining his head at the sensation that left pleasant goosebumps down his back. "So... are you saying you want to wear a dress?" he asked, a brow hiked up and the corner of his mouth twitching upwards, hinting at a smile.

Eren's fingers automatically stilled. "Do... do you want me to?" he nearly squeaked. The softest of rosy hues dusted the smooth caramel of his cheeks.

Levi let out a snort, leaning his forehead down against Eren's. "You're saying you would?"

"Uhm..." Eren forced a swallow. "I mean... i-if you wanted me to..." He could feel the heat pricking at the skin of his face, the tips of his ears.

Levi's hands slid up to cradle his jaw, his thumbs skimming lightly over the flush in Eren's cheeks. "You want to do a proper wedding so badly that you'd go to the lengths of wearing a wedding gown if that's what it took to get me to agree," Levi said almost incredulously.

"Honestly?" Eren said softly, moving back again to see his lover's face better. "I think I would."

A shallow crease appeared between Levi's brows as he let Eren's words sink in for a moment, and then his mouth crashed right into his fiance's, eliciting a surprised squeak from him as he reeled at the unexpected impact before he moved to kiss back. It lasted only a moment before Levi broke contact and chuckled breathily.

"God, Eren..."

Blushing, Eren mumbled a small "What?"

"I swear you're going to be the death of me."

"Huh? Why?"

"You're just so damn... stubborn."

Eren's eyes suddenly flicked away. "I'm... sorry?"

"Don't be." Levi pulled him close again, placing a light kiss on his warm cheek. "I love that about you."

"I just want to make you happy, Levi."