The Wedding - Part 2

Listen to the thing above as you read (particularly when you get to the actual wedding part with the vows and stuff (; ).

---

Levi's insides felt like fire itself licked them up and down. His stomach heaved and his chest felt like it was about to burst open as yet another round of vomit came up. He detested the sound and the taste of it; tears spilled down his flushed cheeks and his hair stuck to his sweaty forehead. Though it'd only been going on for a few minutes, it felt more like hours and he just wanted it to end.

Finally, after it was nothing more than a dry heave, he collapsed against the side of the bathtub, reaching up to flush the toilet. The walls of the bathroom seemed to roll around him and he swore that something had to have seared through the lining of his stomach.

Dammit, he thought over and over. A fucking day before the wedding, and now you decide to act up...

He shut his eyes for a while, only picturing himself being at the 'altar' and having a sudden attack of nausea and needing to run straight to a trash can.

Several long minutes passed before he managed to peel his eyes back open and look up at the clock mounted on the wall. 4:22. Eren got off in eight minutes, and it only took about ten minutes to get home. Levi would have to pull himself together quickly...

Two more minutes he allowed himself before he forced himself to his feet, thankful when the walls stayed in place, and readied his toothbrush. It took two separate brushes and an entire minute of swishing mouthwash to rid his mouth of the fowl taste of vomit, but of course that did nothing for the sheen of sweat on his face of the pale, sickly state of his skin. He wet his face, trying to shake off and wash away the disgusting feeling. After a little work, he decided he looked...presentable enough to not raise any suspicions in Eren - the last thing he wanted was to worry his already tired and stressed fiancé about something as trivial as this. After combing through his hair and spraying a subtle amount of air freshener, he exited the bathroom and shuffled down the hall.

4:31, the clock on his phone read as he slid it out of his pocket. Eren would have just gotten off, leaving him with ten minutes give or take to regain his composure despite how uneasy his stomach still felt. After grabbing a cold water bottle from the fridge in hopes to appease the burning of his throat, he settled in on the loveseat with a game on his phone to break some glass.

Fifteen and then twenty minutes passed with the game distracting him, and only did he glance up from it when he heard a key jostle in the lock before the door swung open and a tired yet content Eren emerged from the other side. Discarding his paused game onto the coffee table, the raven stood to greet his companion.

"Hey," Eren breathed, shutting the door with his foot.

"Hey," Levi replied casually. "How was work?"

"Fine," Eren responded. "Glad I'm off for two weeks, though." He smiled and bent down to press a kiss to Levi's lips, who accepted it willingly.

"Did you just brush your teeth?" Eren inquired with a small furrow in his brow.

"Yeah. Had leftover onion flavor from lunch," Levi lied smoothly. He hated lying to Eren, especially about things having to do with the weaknesses left over from his brutal addiction because it was something Eren always wanted to know the truth about more than anything, but in Levi's mind, it was for a good cause.

"Hmm. Well, I brought Chinese," Eren said, pulling a brown plastic bag away from a stack of two styrofoam boxes. Just as he said it, the smell hit Levi, and he expected his head to spin and his stomach to churn at the scent, but to his surprise it actually smelled pretty good.