The Wedding - Part 3

Technically this part could be called The Honeymoon, but it's still part of the same chapter so I'm keeping the name the same~

---

Levi's eyes were dry as he peeled them open to the dimly lit cabin of the plane, awoken by Eren's soft fingers in his hair and his lips on his forehead. He sat up straight, blinking moisture back into them and trying to get his bearings on where he was.

"We're here," Eren murmured, gently sliding his fingers between Levi's. "You feel okay?"

"Yeah," mumbled the raven groggily, curling his fingers around Eren's hand. He could still feel the slow motion of the plane, indicating they were, indeed, on the ground but still in taxi. "Shit," he said, realizing he'd missed most of the flight. "How long was I out?"

"Almost two hours. But you needed it."

"Hmph..." Levi wiped a hand across his face, taking a moment to resent how easily tired he was since getting clean. "Sorry."

"Nope." Eren said, tugging Levi's knuckles to his smiling lips. "No apologies this week. Okay? Not for anything."

Glancing over at him while resting back against his seat again, Levi couldn't help but grin a bit as well. "Alright," he agreed.

~*~

After what felt like an endless amount of waiting - in the plane until they were allowed to get off, at baggage claim, for the cab to show up - they finally arrived in their hotel suite early that evening. The room was open and spacious, holding a king-sized bed and a balcony overlooking one simple road between the hotel itself and the beach where the blue-gray waves of the ocean washed up over the sand before retreating back to an endless sea that stretched until it blended into the sky and could no longer be seen.

Eren didn't bother to immediately begin unpacking his bags. While Levi made a trip to the bathroom, Eren stepped out onto the balcony to enjoy the salt-scented air and the soft breeze brushing past. His stomach was filled with butterflies, his nerves alive with excitement.

A whole week with Levi. With no one but Levi, doing whatever they wanted, and getting to enjoy this breathtaking view all the while.

After a moment of taking it all in, letting the humid air fill his lungs and grow accustomed to the scent, a pair of arms were sliding around his waist, one hand sliding up to his chest while the other merely rested on his hip, a chin lifting up to his shoulder.

"Hey," he said with a small smile, taking Levi's cool hand from his hip and lacing their fingers together from the back.

"Why are you so damn tall?" Levi grumbled, lifting himself up onto his toes.

Eren chuckled. "5'10" is not that tall," he countered. "But 5'3" is pretty short." He sent a wink over his shoulder.

Levi rolled his eyes, retracting his arms. "Tch. You're never gonna let that go, are you?"

Eren turned, grin widening. "Probably not."

"Hmph." The raven folded his arms over his chest, sizing up the one in front of him but thinking of no comeback.

"C'mon, love," Eren said lightly. "Cheer up. We're on our honeymoon." His hands lifted to cup Levi's jaw, lowering his head so the tips of their noses almost met.

"You and your short jokes," Levi mumbled, a sparkle of amusement in his eyes as his own hands lifted once again to Eren's chest, tilting his chin up a bit. Eren was so close he was a blur, but Levi still managed to be captivated by those infinite sea-green irises. Their lips just barely brushed, but it was enough for his eyelids to slip shut and pull Eren closer, pressing into him. A beat of silence, and then their lips pressed firmly together, slow at first but gradually building up until they were forced to part and catch their breath, foreheads leaning together, eyes open just enough to see the other.