Aftermath

Caroline watched as her friends and family gather around Melanie. Her pride and joy was her now and she wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

"She has your hair Nik" Rebekah said.

"It's my turn Rebekah" Elena said.

"I just got her" Rebekah said.

"Yeah fifteen minutes ago" Elena said. Rebekah sighed and handed Melanie to Elena. Caroline yawn and smiled.

"Let's let Caroline sleep guys" Elijah said.

"But I just got her" Elena said.

"You will have more time later" he said taking Melanie and handing her to Klaus before taking Elena's hand. They all left the room minus Klaus. He sat down next to the bed and watched the two loves of his life sleep. A few hours later he was awoken to some trying to take Melanie. He grip her tighter and growled before seeing a nurse standing the frightened.

"Baby, it's fine she was just giving her to me so I could feed her." Caroline said. Klaus relaxed and let the nurse take Melanie who was awake but calm.

"You have a very calm baby, she doesn't cry that much." The nurse said.

"It's weird because my boyfriend and I have extreme personalities but we are just glad she is here." Caroline said taking Melanie and pulling her hospital gown down to breast feed Melanie. She gasped when Melanie latched on to her nipple.

"That feeling is total normal" the nurse said. The nurse left after that leaving them to their family moment. Caroline looked up with tears in her eyes.

"I thought I would get caught and he would kill her." Klaus got up from his chair and sat down on the bed taking her hand.

"But you did get out and that's all that matters." He said.

"You have your daughter to thank for that, she used her powers and got me out of there." She said then looked down at her whole world. "She's amazing and I hope we raise her right."

"We will teacher her the importance of family, love and friendship." He said. "She will learn that anything is possible with a little faith, a bit of luck and hardwork."

"Let's make sure she doesn't grow up like we did. Let's make sure she has parents that she can depend on." She said.

"Of course" he said.

"Marry me Klaus"

"What?"

"You heard me"

"Are you sure?"

"Postive" Caroline smiled at him. Klaus smiled back then leaned over and kissed her.

"Yes" he said against her lips. Caroline smiled before the broke the kiss and looked down to see that Melanie had let go of Caroline's nipple and was looking at them. "Don't you worry Melanie your parents are going to be together forever." He leaned down and kissed her forehead before Caroline put her on her shoulder and began burping. A loud crash outside made them tense.

"I'll be right back" he said.

"Be careful" she said.

"I will" he said then got up and headed for the door. He opened it and walked out to see his family and friends standing with their backs to him. Klaus saw Marcel and two witches standing in front of them.

"Give us Caroline and no one gets hurt." Marcel said.

"Over my dead body" Klaus said. Elijah looked over his shoulder at him.

"Klaus, go back inside we can handle this." He said. Bonnie apparently saw something that the witches were doing and quickly said a spell to block their powers. Klaus used his super speed to get to Marcel and ripped his heart out. He watch as Marcel's dead body dropped to the floor and he felt relief that it was finally over. He turned to the witches who looked so afraid.

"I will show you mercy but the next time I see you will be a different matter." He said making the witches nodded and run off. Klaus turned around and told the others to deal with the human then take the body to Sammy before he went back into Caroline's room. When he entered the room he saw Caroline sigh in relief. He didn't say anything as he walked into the bathroom and washed his bloody hand. Once he was done with that he dried his hands before leaving the bathroom.

"You okay?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't want you or Melanie to see me with blood on my hand." He said.

"I have seen you at your worst and still love you and Melanie will be fine." She said. Klaus say down on the edge of the bed next to her and sighed.

"I showed mercy to the two witches Marcel brought with him. I warned them never to show themselves to me again." He said taking her hand and kissing it before he looked into her eyes.

"I'm glad now can we please go home I rather not spend a minute more here." She said making him chuckle.

"Let me send one of the girls to get you some clothes and I will sign your release papers." He said making Caroline groan before giving Melanie to him and getting out of bed.

"Love, you need clothes" he said.

"I am leaving right so if you are coming then that's great." She grabbed Elijah trench coat she put it on while Klaus just laughed.

"Okay I will have Elijah deal with the paperwork." He said.

"As long as we could leave and start our life." She said.

"Let's go and start our life"

Unfortunately this is the end but I will do a epilogue for you guys.

Also I'm sorry if there wasn't enough action scenes in it I'm really bad at them.

One more I want to thank UniJuul for being the first person to comment on my book and for your always saying something nice in them I appreciate it.