More Time With Jake... And The Rest Of The Guys, Of Course.. (Ch 11)

JAKE POV
I was broken out of my thoughts when the screen door slammed shut.

“Billyyyyy!” Lucy squealed getting up and rushing over to my father who had a full on smile plastered on his dark tan face.

“Lucy Clearwater.” He stated, opening his arms wide for her. She quickly obliged, bending down and wrapping her arms around him. “I’ve missed you youngin'.” He told her as she let go.

She took his cowboy hat and placed it on her head, looking down from the rim. “Not that young anymore, old man.” She teased.

He chuckled at this, shaking his head at her free spirited ways. “Emily’s been cooking I smell.” He took a deep breath and began wheeling himself towards the back of the house. Lucy quickly placed his hat back on his head.

“Hey Billy!” We heard Emily’s greeting.

“Hey Leah!” Lucy exclaimed, opening her arms and taking the hesitant Leah in an embrace.

I mentally chuckled at their size difference. Ever since phasing, Leah had gotten a little taller and muscular- obviously not as much as us guys. She towered over Lucy at around 5’10’’.

“Hey.” Leah smiled tightly, raising her eyebrows as a greeting. Sigh. She’s never gonna change.

“How are you? I missed ya, cousin!” Lucy continued, taking Leah’s hands and looking up at her in excitement. I could tell she was trying to break her out of her shell. Once again- good luck, Luce.

“Fine. And you?” Leah asked, pulling away and walking past Lucy and into the kitchen.

Wow. I really didn’t expect her to react that rudely. Although, I remember her not being so excited about Lucy coming home when I had told her a week ago. She had always been envious of her. The fact that Lucy was able to go off and have a new life while still keep tabs on life at the Rez. That’s the thing about Leah she was always envious of someone. Lucy looked at me, an eyebrow raised and rolled her eyes at her cousin’s rudeness.

“Don’t mind her, Lucy.” Sue Clearwater dismissed her daughter as she took Lucy in a hug. “She’s like that with everyone.”

“Aw sue, I missed you.” Lucy rubbed her back before pulling away. “And don’t worry about me. I can handle Leah.”

Sue laughed and went back to help Emily. Pretty soon more and more guest arrived and we were now all crowded in the kitchen. Embry and Paul had gone out to the shed to get the extra table so we can put it right next to the main dining table. There were twelve of us and only room for eight at the dining table. It ended up being Emily, Sam, Billy, Sue, Leah, Lucy, Paul, and Me at the table with the other guys on the spare. Sam and Billy each sat at the heads of the table while Emily, Sue, and Paul took one side and Lucy, Me, and Leah took the other. 

LUCY POV

After we all had our food in our plates and we were settled, I began to tell them about New York after Billy had asked me.

“It really wasn’t that amazing.” I began, wanting to get the story out of the way. For some reason I didn’t like talking about New York. I mean, of course it was an amazing experience and it made me who I am today, but I just considered it as a chapter in my life that was now over.

“Yeah, I bet.” Leah muttered from beside Jacob. I ignored her, pretending I didn’t hear while Jacob nudged her roughly in her ribs causing her to grunt and give him a murderous look. He easily returned it.

“It was pretty much just work and school.” I continued. “And I had a small apartment that BCBG paid for in exchange for my help in the internship.”