Couples Retreat.. Well, not really.. (Ch 19)

LUCY POV
We arrived at Jared’s house in fifteen minutes and found him and Kim both seated on the front porch steps. Once they saw us, the stood up and walked over hand in hand. Kim had the usual dark black hair that rested at her shoulders and was actually kinda tall so she reached Jared’s chin. Sigh. Why were all the girls here not as vertically challenged as I was?

“Hey you guys!” Kim greeted, her energetic personality visible as she smiled at us both.

“Hey.” I replied, with a wave.

The two climbed in behind us and Jake started up the car again. Apparently we were heading off to the Eastern side of the woods because it was a little less rocky and had more sights to see. I don’t know what the boys meant by “sights” because… it’s the woods. What could there be to see? But then again, they do know better.

“I really hope it doesn’t rain.” Kim announced. I looked up from my window at the now, much grayer sky. Oh God. Me Neither. “Because I can’t really handle mud.” She continued.

I laughed lightly. “I here ya.”

Jake finally stopped his truck on the side of the road and cut off the engine. I looked out my window only to see just plain greenery and a path leading into the shrubs. We all got out of the car and met up at the side of the path. The hike was fun! Jake and Jared led the way; looking back every few minutes t make sure Kim and I were up to step. She was actually a funny girl, sometimes muttering little funny comments as we continued. Jared and Jake would turn around suspiciously every time I would laugh, making Kim join me. She was really beginning to grow on me. About half an hour later, Kim and I began to drag behind getting equally tired. I honestly didn’t know how the boys had this much stamina.

“Can you like..calm yourselves?’ Kim called, leaning against the tree. “I’m about to have an Angina.”

I immediately erupted in laughter, leaning on an adjacent tree for support. Jake and Jared both turned around with equally amused, yet shocked looks.

“What did you just say?” Jared questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I laughed harder, realizing what he probably heard. Jake joined as well as did Kim. Jared simply looked at us with a bemused stare.

“You’re all nuts. And I’m pretty sure you have one of those, Kim. It’s kinda what I like most about you.”

At this point my laughs pretty much turned silent, I was laughing to hard. Kim shook her head, giggling.

“She said Angina, you idiot.” Jake chuckled. “That’s a heart attack.”

Jared’s eyebrows rose as realization hit. “Oooh. Then say that will you? No need for that…. Word.”

After a few minutes our laughter died down and I was beginning to breathe back to normal again. Man I loved these people. Jake and Jared led the way again and Kim and I followed, trying our hardest to avoid the uplifted roots.

“Look girls.” Jake pointed out several minutes later. We both followed his arm and saw a group of small bunnies hunched together.

“Awww.” I cooed. “They’re so tiny!” I shrieked.

“I want one!” Kim exclaimed, walking a bit closer.

Jared quickly yanked her by her shirt and pulled her back. “Yeah, no. You don’t know what kind of diseases those things carry.” She pouted at this and agreed, staying at his side.

“Hey Luce. Wanna hold one?” Jake called with mischievous grin.

“Ha-ha.” I deadpanned, placing my hands on my hips. He knew how much I hated animals. Okay.. I didn’t hate them. I thought they were cute. And that’s it. But I sure as hell didn’t like touching any of them, though.