Unknown History (Ch 41)

Despite its size Fork’s High had a ridiculously large football field. How did I know this? It’s halfway through the gym period and Alice, Bella, and I have only managed to go around the track that surrounded it twice. Granted we weren’t really running.. or even powerwalking for that matter. We were kind of strolling. Something our gym coach Mrs. Fink was not particularly appreciating as she blew her whistle every five minutes to get us to “hustle”. And we would.. for about two minutes before we would slow down to the same crawl again. Halfway across the field I could make out the backs of Seth, Jake, and Emmett who had decided to take football instead of Track. Every once in a while we would hear one of their screams and cheers as they got more and more into the game.

“Thank God track was still open.” Bella muttered as the loud thud of a falling body on the turf resonated.

We all looked over to see one of the bigger boys, Lenny Morrison picking himself off the floor. A few feet to the right Seth was doing the same and rolling his left shoulder with a scowl.

“BRO! CHILL OUT! It’s not the fucking Olympics!” Seth shouted picking up the misplaced football and walking back to Jake and Emmett who were chuckling.

I couldn’t help but giggle at my cousin. It was probably the fifth time he had fallen because of Lenny Morrison’s overzealous participation.

“I don’t get human sports.” Alice sighed as she glided beside me. “They’re so silly.”

I scoffed. “You’re right. True sports involve chasing mountain lions instead of settling for just the grizzly.”

Alice smirked, “exactly.”

I rolled my eyes and elbowed her but only ended up bruising myself.

“Look out!” A loud shout came from our left.

Before I could realize what was going on, Alice’s hand whipped out in front of my face. A loud thud echoed as the tough rubber of the football that was in direct course to my head smacked against her hand. I reacted too late, flinching and throwing my hands out as a shield. Bella gasped and stepped away to protect herself as Alice rolled her eyes and threw it back to the awaiting boys.

“Sorry!” a boy I recognized as Billy Lukowitz easily caught it and returned to the game.

“Hey Lukowitz! Keep the ball in the field, yeah?” Jake shouted before turning to us, “You okay, Luce?”

I waved my hand to signify that I was fine, “Just emotional damage.”

He laughed along with Alice before turning to her, “Thanks tellytubby” He winked at her before running back to the boys.

I immediately laughed at the nickname, stopping short when the vampire beside me glared. “That’s not funny” I cleared my throat as we continued to walk.

“Damn I need to figure out a better one to get him back with.” She said more to herself. “And in case Troll Boy has forgotten, you are exactly my height.” She reminded.

“I think he refers to your general happiness and energy.”Bella added.

Alice grumbled under her breath but it was too quick for me to catch. But I could already guess that it had to do with insulting my boyfriend. I gotta admit, he hit her pretty good with that one. Haha. Tellytubby. I wonder which one. I would think Lala. Because she’s always happy.. I mean, from what I can remember of course.. And she was a girl.. Then again isn’t Tinky Winky one? She carries a purse..But that wouldn’t makes sense because Dipsy is definitely a boy and they wouldn’t have three girls to one boy, right?

A whistle blow took me out of my embarrassing train of thought that never should have occurred in the first place. It came from Coach Fink and at first I thought it was towards us seeing as we weren’t even walking anymore- more like strolling. However before I could pick up my pace I realized Coach Fink wasn’t looking anywhere in our direction, but to our left behind us.