ever since we met (ryden)

[title lyric from nearly witches (ever since we met) by p!atd]

a little different from what i usually write but stay with me :)

- - - - -

Age 6

I didn't want to leave my mommy just yet. She told me I was being silly, and that I should just go play with the kids on the playground. Kindergarten was scary, all the kids were scary. I hate kids. 

"Look, Ryan, look at that kid. He's alone and he looks nice, go play with him" Mommy said softly, pointing to a boy with dark hair playing in the sandbox. He looked nice, I liked him immediately. 

I nod, giving my mommy one more hug before she kissed my cheek, and left the playground. I made my way to the boy, and I sit down next to him in the sand. It felt weird and dirty, I didn't like it but, I promised my mommy I would try and make friends.

"Hello, I'm Ryan" I mumble. I mumble a lot, Mommy says its a fixable problem. I just didn't know how to fix it.

He looks up at me with a big smile, jumping up "Hi! I'm Brendon! Brendon Urie!" he was loud and hyper. Something I wasn't. I started to shake, Mommy said this was called something that started with an A. I didn't know how to say it 

"Do you want to build sandcastles with me?! We could see who could build them fastest! Your shirt is cool by the way!" Brendon squeals, pointing to my The Wiggles sweater.

"Thank you" I say "Yeah, I'll build one"

"On your mark, get set, go!" he yelled, starting to pile up sand. I tried doing the same but it wasn't gonna be as good as Brendon's, I could already tell.

Two mean looking kids walked by the sand pit and started laughing at us. The called us "weirdos" I didn't know what happened, but tears started to run down my face.

"Ryan? Are you okay?" he asks, reaching out to me for a hug but I ran to the other side of the playground. I was a fast runner.

I curled up in a ball and I started to cry. Kids started to laugh at me. First day of kindergarten and this was happening! I wanted my mommy! I want to go home!

Brendon ran towards me. He looked sad. I wonder why he was sad. He told the kids in a very loud voice to "go away!" and he sat next to me

"Are you okay?" he asked again

I nod, wiping my tears away with the sleeve of my sweater. Why were kids so mean? What did I do to them? I'm a really as sensitive as everyone thinks I am

Brendon opens his Thomas the Train backpack and pulls out a teddy bear. He hands to me, saying "This is Jerome, he always makes me happy so maybe he'll make you happy"

I grin a small smile at him and take the pretty teddy bear, holding him to my chest. I liked him. He did make me happy. Brendon made me happy too, I knew we were going to be best friends.

The teacher, Miss. Kapowski, blew the whistle, telling us to go inside. Brendon held my hand as we ran to the classroom, excited to start the day.

During the day, he was really nice to me. He let me have some of his goldfish crackers since Mommy forgot to pack my snack, he laid next to me at nighttime, he stood up for me when kids were mean to me.

At the end of the day, when his mommy picked him up and I tried to give him Jerome back, he said I could keep him

"You seem sad, Jerome will make you happy"