dont give up baby, i know that its shaky (cashby)

[title lyric from when you can't sleep at night by of mice & men. its a beautiful song, please listen to it]

alan can't sleep at night, but austin is always going to be there for him

im writing a sad, mellow one snot as im listening to palisades. this shouldn't be legal

- - -

It was happening again. Insomnia seemed to like to infect my brain the most. What was so special about me? Was it the hair? Was it my fear of being alone? I think it was the hair...

I couldn't hold a job like this! My manager always liked to ask about my eyebags and my frustrations with the world (which was another story) I didn't need this in my already complicated life.

I groan and place the pillow over my head, counting sheep, closing my eyes from the eeriness that was my house at night. My parents were fast asleep, and I didn't get that six year old excuse of asking to sleep with them card at 17.

Then I remembered Austin. My parents didn't like him, but I for sure did. He helped me sleep, with good ol' fashioned sweet nothings and cuddles. And he always wanted to help me no matter the time so I pull out my phone

to austin aka sweet dreams:

pls come over. can't sleep xx

I didn't have to set my phone down before my phone went off with a bright light signaling a text from Austin.

from austin aka sweet dreams:

ok love. be there in ten :)

Sighing happily, I set my phone down and walking towards my window to make sure that it is unlocked. That's how he came in. It was some freaky Twilight shit, I know.

Austin was like some guardian angel I never asked for. He was always be there for me no matter what. And I appreciated that so, so much. What did I do to deserve this lanky, tattooed idiot?

A few minutes later, my window opened and there he was. In all his glory. His hair was tangled into a mess and he was in some Metallica tank top that made me want to trace my fingers over his biceps. I felt bad for basically waking him up.

I couldn't stay mad at myself for long though, he jumped off the window barrier, hitting the floor with a soft thud, smile still on his face "Hey, Al" comes out of his mouth

I get off my bed and he pulls me into his embrace. Fuck, he was so tall. It was almost too hard to hug him, considering that I was barely up to his sternum, but it was better this way. Science has proven that tall people give A+ hugs.

"Why can't you sleep, baby?" he asks softly, looking down at me as he brushes the red hair from my eyes. I didn't know the answer to that question. If I knew myself, I could probably find out a way on my own, to get rid of that problem so I could sleep. 

I shrug my shoulders. He gives me sad look before picking me up and laying me gently onto the bed. See what I mean by guardian angel? Austin lays down on my cold bed next to me, pulling me into his strong arms 

"I won't be here when you wake up, but I'll stay with you til you fall asleep, okay?" he asks, putting his hands under my shirt and tracing shapes onto my back "Then I'll see you at school tomorrow and the cycle starts again" 

I let out a small giggle as he presses a kiss to the top of my head, telling me to close my eyes and I obliged, pressing myself closer to his comfortably warm skin, letting me drift of to a dreamless sleep 

- - -

give me a hell yeah

ok but PLEas listen to the song, its soft and 100% not heavy and it helps me sleep (i wonder why)

this one shot was cute i guess, im digging myself into a deeper om&m hole like oh my god, i need serious help

bye ?

- mia