Chapter 16 (Edited)

Chapter 16

It's been two weeks since Casper had asked me to marry him. The wedding is in two weeks' time, just before Casper is crowned as King. The wedding arrangements are going great, I think that's because I have so much help. Now that I'm engaged to Casper, Vampires know that I'm off limits and if they touch me they will die.

So I was free to explore the palace on my own, as Casper was busy trying to figure out who murdered his father. Sapphire has been helping him, so I haven't seen much of her either in the last few days. Although Casper does come to bed every night to cuddle up to me and I love it.

The maids, Sapphire, and her cousin Peyton are all helping with the arrangements for the wedding. Sapphire hasn't helped as much as the other girls, but she is busy helping Casper most of the time.

The color scheme is already picked out, it's going to be black, maroon, and white as it's the royal color. The flowers are finalized, invitations sent out, and my dress was being made. So hopefully I would be having a dress fitting to finalize the dress within the next few days. We still need to pick the music for the reception and write our vows, plus we still haven't picked the flavor for the cake yet.

So today we were going to be finishing the last few details except my vows, as I still had sometime to work on them. I was meeting the girls in the formal lounge room, that had been transferred in to a room full of bridal magazines and different types of materials and colors.

“About time.”, said Peyton.

“Sorry.”, I replied.

Gosh I was only ten minutes late I mean I know the wedding is soon, but I shouldn't have to apologize for being a little late. These Vampires can be pretty pushy and demanding when they want to be.

“Okay, first up is the music.”, said Peyton.

“Are we having a DJ, sound system, or a band?”, asked the maid. I think her name is Haylee.

“I think we should have a DJ.”, I said.

“That sounds great! So then we don't need to worry about the music, as it will all be up to him.”, said Sapphire as she walked into the room.

Great that's another thing sorted and I was really looking forward to the cake tasting. I want to try as many different flavors as possible, that way I know what all my options are.

“Okay now for the cake. A maid will bring in some samples of different flavors for you to try, that they've come up with. So until then we can go over everything else, and make sure we have every little detail planned out.”, Sapphire said.

“Can I ask about the honeymoon? When will we discuss that?”, I asked.

“The honeymoon is taken care of already.”, Sapphire and Peyton said at the same time.

“Well...what are the plans?”, I asked really curious.

“It's a secret. Even we don't know about it, Casper organized it all on his own.”, Sapphire said.

Just then the maid walked in with a trolley full of different cakes, and all I could do was drool. How am I mean to pick a favorite, there are just so many. I'll want them all!

“Okay now grab a piece of paper and write down your three favorites in order.”, Sapphire instructed.

“Okay.”, we all said.

I went through them one by one, and every single one of them melted in my mouth. At the top of my list I had the caramel and dark chocolate, followed by the banana and mango, then the last was raspberry and white chocolate.