The Third Task...

Narrator's POV

Harry, Draco, Neville, Hermione, and Luna watched as Cedric and Ron entered the maze for the Third Task.

They sat there for several minutes when Harry felt Barty Crouch Jr. —who decided to watch the final event and hid like hell from his father— tug on his sleeve, he turned to face the man.

"Yes, Barty?" Harry asked

"Follow me, don't draw attention." Barty whispered, pulling them out of the crowd

Barty led them out of the arena, threw a black robe over his own shoulders and then Harry's, placed white masks on their faces, and apparated them away.

When Harry opened his eyes, they were surrounded by other people dressed like them in a graveyard, a large cauldron in the middle and Ron Weasley was tightly chained to a angel statue.

Throwing a bone into the cauldron, he saw Peter Pettigrew, "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

Peter then cut Ron's arm and collected the blood and dumped it in, "B-Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken, you will resurrect your foe!" then he cut off his own left arm, "Flesh of the servant, w-willingly given, you will revive your master!"

The cauldron began to smoke and once it cleared he saw a figure pull itself up from the liquid.

The figure was Tom —his chocolate brown hair dripping with the liquid and his bare muscled torso dripping as well.

"Robe me!" Tom commanded and Peter handed him a simple black robe

Harry watched in both shock and amazement as Tom quickly threw on the robe, got out of the cauldron and approached Ron, "You stand, Ronald Weasley, upon the remains of my late father. A Muggle and a fool, very much like your Muggle-loving sister. But they both had their uses, did they not? She died to defend you and I killed my father, and how useful he's proved himself —in death."

Tom laughed, "You see, Weasley, my mother fell in love with him. But he abandoned her when she told him that she was a witch —he didn't like magic much, my father. He left her before I was even born, Weasley, and she died giving birth to me, leaving me to be raised in a Muggle orphanage. But I vowed to find him, to get my revenge."

Tom then faced the large masked group, "Welcome, Death Eaters. It's been thirteen years since we last met and yet you answer my call like it was only yesterday. We are still united under the Dark Mark, are we not?"

 We are still united under the Dark Mark, are we not?"

The Death Eaters were silent.

"I sense guilt." Tom ominously whispered, but his voice rang out on the silent night

No one dared move, save Wormtail who was clutching onto his bleeding stump.

"I see you all, whole and healthy, with your powers intact. And I ask myself, why did this band of witches and wizards never came to the aid of their master —to whom they swore their eternal loyalty?"