Chapter Eighteen - I do most of the shit because these idiots are lazy as fuck

"Oh shit," Jake's friend, Ace, who is apparently also in the gang, stares at me as I walk into the basement through the 'back door' with Jake at my side.

"You can say that again," the blue haired boy - I think his name is Brandon - says under his breath.      

"Oh shit," Ace repeats.

I laugh and Jake, and the other two boys, stare at Ace like he just told them that grass is green.

I look around the basement, trying to see what's so interesting about it. It's dimly lit with slightly blue coloured lights, and it makes the basement seem more mysterious. It's not a huge basement, just medium-sized. There are closed cupboards lined up against one wall, and computers on desks lining the other wall. Then there are black boards filled with lists of names and pictures and a whole lot of other stuff. The room is slightly messy but still clearer than what I might have imagined.  

"Dude, you brought a girl here?" Ace says, his jaw hanging as he ignores the looks the other boys are giving him.

"Whipped," the last boy in the gang, with the brown hair and nice jaw line, says. He smirks at Jake as the other two boys nod their heads.

"Um, and insane... You brought a girl to the base, man, do you know how dangerous that is? For her and for us," Brandon says, frowning.

"Dangerous? Brandon, nobody has ever tried to touch us, not even the cops, and I'm sure as hell I won't let anyone touch her," Jake says and then he throws his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

I frown as his amazing musky scent surrounds me. I step away from him and shake my head. "I don't need your protection, big boy."

"I like her," Brandon tells Jake. Oh thanks, it's not like I'm right here or anything.

"Yeah, I don't, so you can have her," Jake says and them gives me a cheeky grin.

"No, she's mine," Ace says and laughs.

"Shut up, I'll be any one of yours when any of you grow a pair... So, like, never," I state. "What did you bring me here for?" I ask curiously.

"Jake, why did you bring her here?" The brown haired boy asks.

"No reason," Jake says and laughs. "Her crush just turned out to be gay so I thought this would be a good distraction." He turns to look directly at me and says, "If there was something important that we were doing, I would have never brought you here. We may hate each other or whatever but I wouldn't let you get in any actual trouble."

Ace fake coughs. "Whipped."

"Hi, so I'm Ace, you might remember me from the coffee shop. Since we are here you should know what we do, yeah? So basically, I am the hacker. If you want to see what kind of texts your texts your boyfriend sends, I'm your guy." Ace laughs. "Just kidding I'm not doing that shit. I can hack into other shit like government owned files and whatever and-"

"I'm Tony," the brown haired boy says, realizing that Ace was going to keep talking if he didn't say something. "I just do the driving and unlocking doors and all that stupid stuff." He shrugs.

"And je suis Brandon." Brandon laughs, and my eyes automatically get drawn to his hair again. It's such a pretty dark blue colour, it makes me want to dye my own hair. "I kill people," he says and winks. Okay then...

"And I'm Jake," Jake says in a girly voice. "I do most of the shit because these idiots are lazy as fuck." The other three boys just nod in agreement.

"Well, I doubt you want to stay in the basement. This place is just where we hide the information and stuff, let's go upstairs, I'll make milkshakes," Jake says to me and then walks away, towards a set of tiles stairs that lead up from this basement.

"What flavor?" I ask as I follow him up the stairs. The other boys stay in the basement, hopefully not plotting a murder.

"Chocolate," he answers. "And if you don't like chocolate I am disowning you."

As we reach the top of the stairs, I look around. It's a beautiful, and surprisingly normal house, not like a house for a gang full of boys would be. It's clean and beautiful, with crystal chandeliers and big t.v sets.

They probably use the money the get from killing people to buy this stuff.

"I like your... House?" I say, not sure what to call it. It's not his actual house. It is really pretty though, and I'd be willing to live here any day.

Jake laughs and turns to me with a grin. "I can give you a tour. Let's start with the bedroom."

**** 

Guys, go add me on Snapchat! I sing songs and shit and you might get to see stupid shit like this:

Ehehe, that was just eggcellent!

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG