Chapter Thirty - You can't go wrong with chocolate

I sit across from Ace, watching the ice cream slowly start to melt in the cup. "What's wrong?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Nothing."      

"I'm not going to let you leave until you tell me," he warns and takes my hand in his. I stare down and watch him trace circles on my hand with his thumb, and a small smile finds its way onto my lips.

"It's just something Jake said to me. I don't know. A part of me wants to make up with him and another part of me wants to burn his face off," I explain.

Ace chuckles slightly. "Well the burning his face off thing does sound interesting but maybe the best choice is to just make up with him. I know it might be hard but it's something easier to forgive and move on, you know?"

"Why are you not a monk or something?" I ask.

"Hm, there are quite a few reasons. They can't talk unless completely necessary and I'd have to shave off my hair. But most importantly monks have to be alone, and now that I have met you I don't think I can stay away." He squeezes my hand gently. I roll my eyes. "Plus, they can't have sex at all. What the heck? I am not down for that," he adds.

I laugh. "But you're right," I agree and nod. "I should just forgive Jake. But I kind of messed up, too. I don't know if he'll even look at me again."

Ace laughs and takes a bite of his ice cream and I quickly do the same. Ace has gotten mint and I got chocolate. You can't go wrong with chocolate.

"I've known Jake for years and while he has done stupid things and has been through a lot of shit, one thing I can say is that he always comes back. He's a fucking pussy and will probably apologize to you before you can tell him you're sorry," he tells me.

"Well he's seen me more than enough times and all he did was call me a whore."

"He called you a whore?" he says and stands up, his face changing from happy to murderous. "I'm getting my fucking chainsaw."

"Sit down," I say and smile in amusement, noticing how quite a few people in the ice cream store he already turned to stare. "You can't kill him, Ace. Trust me, I've considered it."

He sighs and sits back down. "What about if I accidentally hit him with my car? I won't kill him but maybe just break a few bones." I shake my head again. "He better not hurt you again or I won't be needing your permission, Alicia."

Why are guys so attractive when they're angry?

Ace smiles. "You think I'm attractive?"

I close my eyes, realizing I said that out loud. My whole face heats up at I block it with my hands, making him laugh.

"Hey, well, if you don't already know I think you are attractive, too. Although I'm sure you're terrifying when you're angry." I open my eyes and see him running a hand through his hair, the grin still on his face.

"Of course you're attractive, Ace. If you didn't already know that then you're blind cause girls stare at you all the time," I state.

"Really?" He raises his eyebrow in disbelief. "To be honest, there's only one girl I notice and lately she's been the only person on my mind."

"Awww! You have a girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me?" I lean forward and pinch his cheeks. "Is she pretty? I hope she's funny because otherwise I don't give you my permission."

He laughs and swats my hand away. "Not a girlfriend... More of a crush that will never happen because she is way out of my league. But yeah, she's stunning. I don't know if I would consider her funny... if someone were to ask me I'd say she's bat shit crazy, especially since she knows I kill people but hasn't run away from me and moved to Taiwan yet."

"I doubt anyone is out of your league, except maybe Beyoncé."

He blushes and takes another bite of his ice cream, not looking me in the eye. "Yeah, well this girl is close to perfect. Trust me, I doubt she'd even consider going out with me."

I shrug. "Her loss," I say.

He smiles and shakes his head. "If you say so."

"Let's go home?" I offer, almost finished with the ice cream.

He nods and lets out a slight yawn. "Yeah, it feels like I haven't slept in forever even though I have. All this gang bullshit is getting to me and I have more stuff to do tonight."

"What do you have to do?" I question as we walk out the store.

Ace shrugs. "I hope you never find out, darling."

****

HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHY IM TALKING IN CAPITALS BUT I AM JUST SOOO HAPPY CAUSE I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER FOR UNIVERSITY WHICH IS AHHHH AGEUSHANSOA I CANT BELIEVE IT SO YEAH AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER THANKS FOR READING THIS AUTHORS NOTE EVEN THOUGH ITS PROBABLY POINTLESS LMAO

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG