Chapter Six. I'm tired of being the good girl.

AN: I dedicate this chapter to Malayasia_Richards! Thank you for being the first person to add this to their library! You are awesome! :) 

When I walked out of the room I didn't want to tell anyone about all the money I inherited. I didn't want everyone to just be friends with me because of the money. I didn't want them all to know that instead of a few million, I was worth tons of billions. I was standing in the hall listening to everyone talking. 

"So, you're dating Spencer huh?" Duke asked. 

"Yeah I am." 

"You better not pull a stunt like you did with Molly. Spencer deserves better than to be treated like a royalty until you get bored and find someone else." 

"I'm not like that. I never treated Molly like that. She was the one who dumped me remember? Are you sure you really know me? I care about Spencer. Probably more then you do Duke." 

"You have no idea how I feel about Spencer. I've been in her life since she was a kid. Who do you think she'll trust, you? Some guy she barely knows. Or the guy she's known all her life." 

"I think my chances are pretty good." 

"If you hurt her I swear." 

"I promise that I won't hurt her. If I do, I give you permission to do your worst." 

I walked into the living room and Duke looked up and gave me a half smile. Lisa walked over to me. 

"So what happened in there?" 

"Oh you know just the usual. Telling me that I inherited the house and his car and what not. Uh dad made a list of the things that needed to be done for his funeral and he wrote out a check for it also. I guess he had that part figured out for me." 

"Do you still want us to take care of it for you though? It isn't a problem dear." 

"Oh yeah uh that would be good. I think I'm just going to go lay down for a little while." 

I walked over by the door and grabbed the big box it wasn't huge but it was a little bigger than a boot box. I brought it into my room and I slid it under my bed. I went into my closet and I pulled my jeans off and my hoodie. I put on my knit shorts again and I walked over to my bed and curled up in a ball. 

I heard my door open. 

"Can I just be alone please?" 

"As if I'm going to let my best friend be alone. Watch out I'm coming in to cuddle." Madds said and got in with me and she held me while I cried. 

I fell asleep with my head next to hers. When I woke up it was dark out. I looked at the clock it was 2 am. Madds was asleep I got out of bed and walked out. Our guest room was occupied probably with George and Lisa. I heard stuff clanking in the kitchen. I walked in and Duke was standing there. He was making Top Ramen and a grilled cheese. 

I leaned against the doorway and watched him for a few minuets. He was a beautiful man. He was wearing flannel pajama bottoms and he was shirtless. He had on cute bunny slippers though. What a manly man. 

I tried to suppress a laugh but I couldnt. I laughed really loudly and it scared him which only made me laugh louder. What an interesting sight to see. 

DUKES POV. 

I woke up and was starved. So I walked into the kitchen and started to make food. I was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Gilligan went home shortly after Spencer went to sleep. We knew we were going to stay the night. We weren't just going to leave Spencer alone. That would be heartless.