White♦Shadow (Old 2014)

It was just another day. She thought to herself as the morning air spurred her on to the bus stop meters in front of her house. With quick foot steps, she skipped quickly to the bench as a roaring yellow machine made it's way to her, to the place where she was at. The bus came to a slow and squeaky stop since all of the ice haven't really melted off the road. The doors swung open with a shudder. She stepped on the bus. Quickly while the bus was still at a stand still, she searched for an empty seat in the back where the high schoolers sat freely without bratty middle schoolers. She plopped down ungracefully into the dingy leather green seat and sighed. The heater was turned on, she was thankful for the extra heat. The bus began to roll forward with a lurch, sending poor and half asleep students awake with a surprise jolt. There were groans.

She plugged her headphones into her mp3, and drowned out the soft sounds of the bus. The person moved closer to the window and craned her neck slightly to see out of the fogged window. She watched as the familiar trees, roads, and houses passed her vision. It was almost a routine. A little chirp from her phone broke her out for her trance.She looked at it; Dali texted her.

From Dali:

Still up for the tutoring after classes?

Heard Mr. Randolf teaching.

She quickly texted her back. Her fingers flies over the touch pad screen.

To Dali:

What, another bore session with him? Instead of tutoring, why not just give me a pillow instead. Gotta catch up on my sleeping.

A smile twitched up her face for a moment. Dali replied back half a minute later.

From Dali:

TELL ME ABOUT IT. Like, why can't we miss it? It's not like we're failing, only cause we just have like a C.

She nodded in agreement, cause hey! She could have been failing like half of her class was this semester.

The bus stopped once again and other zombie looking kids filed into the cramped enough aisle, looking for a seat of there own. Out of the group that just came onto the bus, only two high schoolers traveled back here, each of them claiming their own seat and slumping down into them. One of them began snoring softly.

Her mp3 cycled over to another song, it was a fast and peppy.

"Just be friends.

All we gotta do, Just be friends.

It's time to say goodbye, Just be friends.

All we gotta do Just be friends

Just be friends.

Just be friends..."

The electronic voice filled her earphones with a sad but lovely voice. It made her wonder, why can't a girl and a boy just only have a friendship? Why do they have to like each other more intimately? It's as if the world; society, forgot the fact that being friends is just enough for some people. That people don't want to be "in love". That people don't want to be in a committed relationship. That bonds of friendship are just as strong and important as a more intimate one. Why is it found natural that a girl and a boy who play together, in everyone else's eyes, made to be for each other, in a intimate way more than friendship? If not, why is it unnatural? That's just selfish to force your personal opinions and burdens upon anyone. Anyone. Why--

Her thoughts were cut short as someone slid into her seat. She whipped her head to see who it was. He was a rather lanky kid, thick black-framed glasses, sharp almond shaped eyes that were a dullish green in the dimly lit school bus-- they were a bit red and puffy, and thin dark pinkish lips that looked like he had been licking them. He looked at her and gave her a coy and shy smile.

"Excuse me." he whispered. His voice, hoarse, gravely, and a bit strained. It was evident that he had been injured or sick days prior to this engagement. She nodded, then proceeded to be more interested in the text she just received. Her phone vibrated and lit up. Another reply from Dali.

From Dali:

Hey hey hey! I forgot to do my math homework!! U have yours??!

Oh shit! She thought. She forgot about it herself! She didn't reply. Luckily, she did complete half of it yesterday during study hall. She pulled out her half completed homework and started scribbling quickly over the easier questions.

"Crap, what the heck. How do you do this?" she mumbled audibly. The boy next to her looked over. He tapped her shoulder lightly, and she responded by looking up questioningly.

"Would you like to see my homework?" He asked, his voice still full of strain, but filled to the absolute brim of sympathy.

No way, damn. This is totally my day. Perfect even. This guy is my Angel, I shall pray to him every night in thanks. Her overly quick mind had said. Though, in all honesty, it was a bit exaggerated. Her eyes nearly teared up by his kind offer. "YES." She said. It got a few weird glances from other people, but they quickly went back to do what they were originally doing.

He began to unzipped his backpack and took out a Manila folder where he produced a completed version of today's due assignment. Tears were about to spill out of her eyes by his sheer kindness. She took the homework an quickly started to review the answers that she had finished already first, and then started to jot down the answers to the other half of them within three minutes of the bus ride. When she finished, she handed back the packet f homework back to the green-eyed horse-sounding boy next to her. She smiled, a genuine smile and breathed. "Thanks so much, er, I never got your name."

The green-eyed boy blushed, the pinkish red of his cheeks contrasted the somewhat pale and purplish skin tone of his face and his neck. How cute is that! And with his somewhat dorky glasses on made him all the more cuter! "I-o-oh um," he stuttered, voice still so hoarse and shy. "Elias, I'm Elias Wimbledon." He held up a band aid covered hand outstretched for a handshake. She quickly took the offer and shook back, and noticed that he winced a bit from the sudden vice-like-grip.

"It's a pleasure in meeting you, Elias. And thank you for helping me on my homework." she replied to him, and gave him a grateful smile, though a bit shy matching his.

The bus lurched again to a full stop, sending sleeping students to collided hurtfully to the back of the seat in front of them. Groans and profanity ensues. The bus door swung open, and the more luckier and quicker high school students, the ones who fortunately didn't get a "good morning! Head impact!" Special; courtesy of the esteemed bus driver who was a heavy weighted man with a beard, jumped from their seats, grabbed their belongings, and quickly filed out the bus to school. She got up herself as Elias wormed out of their seat an let her get through first. What a gentleman! "Thanks again, Elias! See you around!" She patted his shoulders and raced off the bus to share her homework with Dali, who direly needed to copy off of her papers.

But poor Elias, he didn't have the chance to ask for her name!

『T B C』

Personal note:
Dun dun duun! Mystery character introduced! What does she look like? Who is she? What does she sound like? What's her NAME? Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU! For your continuous support you guys! I actually finished this chapter a full WEEK EARLY, and it's all because of you guys efforts in helping me! Please!! Let's keep it up! The next chapter is in the process of brainstorming and drafting! Thanks again for Animationdreams and TrulyxBeautiful for beta reading this chapter for me! THANK YOU EVERYONE! Please, it would be greatly appreciated if you would ~comment/vote/share~; you don't have to, but it give me the motivation to write and give out chapters more frequently then once ever few weeks or a month (or 2? //shot)