Chapter Twenty One.

Zayd Dad's P.O.V.

We reached the hall and i took Anya to my sister.
Upon seeing each other they shouted and hugged each other spinning around.

Girls! I tell you...
Will never reform.

My sister then turned towards me and muttered," thankyou Bhai, for agreeing to pick her up."
I went towards Alifiya and holding her cheeks I said," anything for you."
She smiled at me and then went to introduce Anya to everyone in the family.

Despite Anya's religion, she won every family member's heart.
She had that aura, she pulled everyone towards her.
She was kind, respectful, out-going, bubbly, always smiling and that got me falling deep with her.

Every wedding function, we always used to chat and all and soon we became really close friends.
Or atleast that's what i thought.

Until the day of nikkah (wedding day)
Where my whole world turned upside down.
Where the Shaikh's family was shattered.

I went towards my sister's room, the room where she was getting ready in.
The moulvi(priest) had asked me to go fetch her.
They had also asked me to ask her if she is ready for the marriage.

I knocked on the door and said," Alifiya it's me."
She opened the door and smiled at me.
I smiled back and raised my eye-brows asking," excited huh? Finally marrying the fool? "
She bet me on the shoulder and defended her going to be husband by saying," he is not a fool ok? "

I laughed and then said," okay okay I believe you, anyway i came to ask you.. if you want to run away from the marriage then right now it's the right time, no one will know and you can trust me i won't tell anyone."

She rolled her eyes and said," you very well know that I will only run away if it's with him."
I nodded at her and spoke," Then stop talking and let's get to the venue otherwise he will get married to someone else instead."
We both laughed and headed towards the venue.

Everyone was just waiting for our arrival.
I made my sister sit opposite the groom and told the priest to start the ceremony.

The ceremony started the moulvi started saying some chants and then asked the groom," do you Ibrahim Muhammed take Alifiya Shaikh to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and health, in happiness and sadness till death do you apart?"

Ibrahim the groom nodded and said," yes I do." Three times.

The moulvi then asked," do you Alifiya Shaikh take Ibrahim Muhammed to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and health, in happiness and sadness till death do you apart?"

"No." Came a voice.

Everyone looked at the person who said that and i stood up to go towards her asking," what are you saying Anya? "
She looked at me and I could see her eyes blood-shot red.
She was crying.
It broke my heart seeing her broken.

She then spoke loud enough everyone to hear clearly.
"Ibrahim can't marry Alifiya cause he is already married."

"Already married? What are you saying Anya?" I asked shocked.
Now everyone had stood up and was eager to know what will happen next as if it was a soap opera going on here.

"I said what you heard Ali! He is married and soon going to be a father." She replied back.
With her sentence I was confused.
What did she meant by going to be a father?
"I am pregnant with his child and yes we are already married."

"But you are from Switzerland," i stated.
She looked at me and then looked at Ibrahim.
"Then where do you think he is from?"

Everything now fell into place, Ibrahim mostly spends his time outside india in Switzerland, he only comes india for holidays.
And Anya being Alifiya's online friend just made it more clear.
It means Anya befriended her to attend this wedding and stop it.

I looked at Alifiya and saw that she was no where to be seen.
I asked the ladies who were sitting closer to Alifiya.
But they said that they were too busy engrossed between the talking of me and Anya that they didn't notice her leaving.

I left Anya and everyone to sort all of it while i went to look for Alifiya.
My first instinct was in he room where she was before.
Crying her heart out.
Afterall, she got betrayed by her childhood crush and her recent best friend.

I knocked on the door but there wasn't  any answer.
I then heard the noise of a glass breaking.
I started banging the door, shouting at her name.
But no answer came.

Oh no Alifiya!
What has she done now?