Chapter Twenty Three.

Zayd's P.O.V.

Her browns orbs looked at my grey orbs.
I kept my hand on her waist and pulled her closer to me.

Our close proximity made my breath hitched.
The heat radiating from both our bodies.
It was like a fire burning inside.
But it was the fire I wouldn't mind getting burnt in.

I looked at her lips and leaned in.
She licked her lips and closed her eyes shut.
I smirked and leaned more closer, feeling her warm breath on my lips.

Anya's P.O.V.

I didn't even answered Aziz and just left from the venue.

Okay! I know I left the hall without any reaction but I didnt know how to react.

And now will have to answer my mum's question once she is back.
I changed into my night dress that was probably one of Arjun's old tee-shirt that reached to my mid-thigh.

I was just getting ready and comfortable to sleep, when a thud! was sounded.

I just knew who it was.

I rolled my eyes and opened my window only to be hit by the next thrown stone.

"Ouch!" I muttered.

He made a face as if the stone was thrown at him and then muttered, "sorry."
I smiled at his sorry..
It's sweet knowing that the person who never said sorry to me is now saying it.
I then asked,"twice huh?"
"Twice? " He seemed confused.

I laughed and asked,
"Will you come up or you want the neighbours to listen what I say?"

He smiled biting his bottom lip,"ofcourse am coming up."
My thought went to the day when I first touched them, kissed his lips, although it wasn't exactly a kiss on the lips but we did touch, and I want to feel them again, this time I want it to be for long not just a millisecond.

He climbed up the window and entered inside my room.
And he suddenly hugged me, making me shocked.
His voice muffled in my hair said,"am sorry Coeur."
I dislocated the hug and said,"thrice now."

He widened his eyes and asked," thrice? Don't tell me you are counting my mistakes."
I denied smiling and said,"am counting your sorrys."
He smiled hugging me back.

What's with Zayd and hugging me?

"I have heard you saying thrice sorry to me," i stated.
He looked at me, his captivating eyes making my legs wobble like jelly and kept my forehead on his and said,"Because I always regret hurting you."

There were thousands and zillions of butterflies erupting out of my chest.
"Then why are you saying sorry today? What did you do wrong?" I asked.

"Am sorry for kissing you on the cheek,"he said.
I laughed at his joke while he continued, "i mean I should have kissed you on the lips right?"

Wait! What?

I looked at his grey orbs, his hand travelled down and and stopped at my waist.
He then pulled me closer and my breath hitched.
My heart beat started beating at a furious rate, my blood rustling through the veins unrhythmatically.

He then leaned more closer, making me shut my eyes.
I knew I wanted this kiss but right now I felt like I wasn't ready yet.

I don't know why but I wanted the kissing moment to be special.
Not something out of blue.
Also we have not even shared how we feel about each other.

So all i was thinking was even if he does kiss me... what happens after that?
But at the same time I wanted to live in the present.
I wanted to enjoy to cherish each present moment.
Who knows what happens tomorrow?

My breathing was unstable, I could feel his minty breath warming my cold lips.
It was tormenting my lips.

My feelings were like an outburst of a volcano.
I wanted to pull him closer and kiss him forcefully but at the same time I was hoping that it is all nothing but a dream.
That am just imagining things.
Cause after the kiss everything will be awkward.
I just hope everything remains the way it was.
I hope that after the kiss whatever me and Zayd are remains the same.

I felt his lips touch mine, they were like fire on ice.
It was gentle and promising.
Promising that through the present we will make our future.
Promising that the kiss is most cherishable that we ever shared.

I felt at ease and moved my hand into his soft hair.
Our lips moved in sync.
He passed his tongue across my bottom lip, making me shiver at his sudden dominance.
I sucked on his bottom lip and opened my mouth to allow his tongue to explore.
As soon as i sucked his lip,i felt a weird taste of blood in my mouth.

I ended the kiss fast, and looked at his cut lip," what happened?"I asked passing my index finger on his lips.

When a cough separated us from our bubble.

Now this is awkward.

I stood far from Zayd and looked at my mum, who was standing at my door-step.
With the facial expression of a typical indian mom.

She then asked,"what's going on?"
I looked at Zayd and he looked at me too.
I then bit my lip and said,"Umm... mum..we..were-"
Before I could finish the sentence my mum spoke,"dont tell me, all those nights Zayd spending with you was all this going on."

"No..trust us, we didn't do anything all those other nights," Zayd defended.
"You knew, Zayd was here all those nights?" I asked.

My mum smiled and said," i always here stones being thrown, I mean come on, what are doors made for?"

I smiled looking at Zayd.
Seeing a faint smile appear on his face.
"So I ask again, what were you doing right now?"My mum spoke,her voice a bit stern.

I gulped my saliva in nervousness.
"I thought you guys were fake-dating, then why making the walls and windows jealous by kissing in a closed room instead of making Arjun see."

I looked at Zayd again and saw that his mood was gone off.
He then nodded and said," yeah you are right....we are to make Arjun jealous."

"Well then i must say you guys did a great job...he came to you before you left yeah? I can see he threw some punch here and there."

"Arjun bet you?"i asked.

He rolled his eyes and answered, " when was he ever good with me?"
I held my face in confusion.
"Are you worried because Arjun bet me?" He then continued,"you should be excited to know that Arjun has started developing feelings for you that are more than you being his best friend."

I was worried about his cut, what if it's too deep? Although probably i know it's not the case.
But ever since he became my fake-boyfriend, there is some little flame of love ignited.

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘