Chapter Thirty Four.

Anya's P.O.V.

We had already opened the office.
"So where do you think the files are?"I asked Zayd.
Since he acts as if he knows everything.

He opened one of the drawer and removed another bunch of keys and said,"the files are not here."

"Then? Where are they?" I asked curiously.
Does he seriously know everything about the principal?

"They are in the library, we just entered the office to get the keys of the library," he replied.

■■■■■■■■

We were walikng towards the library, when I spoke" you really were a bad boy back then."

"Oh Coeur, i still am," he then pulled me towards him, pecking me on the lips.
I could have deepened but I wanted to see my sis, Aliza's pic first so I pulled away and he quivered his lips in a playful way, so i pecked him back and then he said,"yeah cause I used to sneak into the library after classes to change the examination results."
"Why would you do that? I thought that you were always the top student," i stated.

"No.. i never did it for myself, I did it for Arjun."
"For Arjun? You never thought anything about your future? What if someone had seen you doing it and told it to principal?" I asked.

"Relax Anya! It's all past now."
"Past? Fine! At first place why did you even do it for Arjun?"

"Because he was my friend," he replied.
Friend? Really? How could he consider Arjun his friend?
"Friends? He bullied you! And friends don't bully friends," i raised my voice a little.

Why was Arjun even my best friend? Why did I had a crush on him? He was never like that when he was with me.

"That was just one of his i-am-the-one-to-rule phase," Zayd defended.
"Why didn't you stand up against him?" I asked.
But instead he didn't answered and said,"we have reached the library."

I looked at the words above the door written in bold carved, library.
"My fave place," i muttered.
He smiled at me saying,"always the nerd type huh?"
I rolled my eyes as we entered the library.

Damn! These books scent, i can stay here forever.
I sniffed the scent and smiled.
I so missed this library.
"I gotta show you something," Zayd muttered.
"Yeah! Aliza's pic right?" I asked.
He shook his head,"Nope, something no one knows."
Being curious I asked,"what's that?"
"But first let me show you Aliza's pic," he stated.

He went towards the shelf that read students files and rummaged through the year when Aliza joined the college.

He then muttered,"good that Aliza name is the first letter of alphabet otherwise it would have taken hours searching for her."
"Like to search your name will take years right?"I joked.
He rolled his eyes and looking more cuter in that facial expression I pecked his cheek saying,"come on show me now."
He smiled cheekily and said,"now now Coeur just a peck on the cheek wouldn't do."
I smiled shyly and then holding his shirt collars with both my hand and pulled him closer with my lips brushing his lips, releasing cold breath,  teasing him more i whispered, "well the gift you will get only after the task is completed. .so show me the pic before I change my decision."
Leaving his collar I tapped the year book he was holding, he shook his head smiling and gave me the book opened to a certain page.
I jumped the alphabetical order and jumped straight to the section with Al, skimming my fingers I finally saw Aliza's name.
I removed that envelope and opened it with shaky hands, Zayd rubbed my back assuring me that he is there for me no matter what, I relaxed a bit under his touch.

I read the little basic information about my elder sis Aliza and then saw her pic.
It looked like i was looking at my own pic the only difference was her hair colour which was jet black and her complexion was darker than mine.
Realisation struck and i felt a pang of hurt, "is this the reason you are with me?" I asked Zayd.
He raised his brow indicating that he has no idea what I was talking about.
A tear rolled down my cheek,concerned he wiped it away and holding my chin he turned my face to look at him.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
I gulped and said," Aliza, she is the reason you are with me,right? I mean you see her in me. You see your first love in me because i look somewhat like her."

He looked at me into my eyes and said, "How can you say that? I love you Anya, how many times will i have to tell you that Aliza was my fling, just a teenage crush and you know what? Before even i met Aliza you were my first ever crush."
"Huh?" I couldn't believe what i was hearing, I was Zayd's first ever crush?

He nodded, holding my side of the face with both his hand he brought our forehead together and muttered,"maybe i had a fling on Aliza because she looked like you not the other way round."
He then brought his lips closer to mine and kissed me gently promising that whatever he said is only the truth and that he will continue loving me like this forever.
I relaxed in his touch and moved my lips in sync with his .
He smiled pulling me along with him among the shelves filled with books.
He then reached to a shelf where all historical books were kept. Stopping at the alphabet W, he said,"i don't exactly remember the name of the book but do one thing remove for me any book you see that has red cover."

"Why?" I asked.
"I have to show you something," he replied.
I nodded and did as told, the first red cover book i took just as i was abut to touch the other red cover book, the shelf shook a little.
I looked at Zayd and saw that he was busy looking for the other red cover books.
And then suddenly the shelf pulled apart, in the centre of the floor where the shelf once stood was now a hole.
Zayd spoke,"this is what I wanted to show you."
"A secret chamber?"
He nodded, then flicked another book beside the hole and all the lights of the secret chamber got lit up.
We climbed down a small staircase and entered a magical room.

I can't believe that our college has a secret room.
I always had that adventurous dream of discovering or knowing about a secret chamber.
Zayd held my hand as we entered.