Three

Hermione opened the packet for her and Draco, fishing out one of the keys inside of it. Pulling it out, she put it into the keyhole and unlocked the door. She pushed the door open and stepped inside, Draco following and shutting the door behind her.

"Wow," Hermione whispered as she entered the living room. "This is beautiful."

"Yeah, it's nice," Draco agreed. The room was neutral. There were no Gryffindor or Slytherin colors in sight, there weren't any house colors in sight as matter of fact. Draco liked that.

"So, shall we sit and read our letter?" She asked, moving herself over to sit on the sofa. Hermione pulled up her legs and tucked them under herself, waiting for Draco to come sit beside her. He moved and sat next to her, waiting for her to open and read the letter.

"Dear Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Granger,
I am sure Headmistress McGonagall has already informed you about what will be taking place during the new Parenting 101 class. Your only assignment for this class will be the project you'll be doing for the whole year, this project will be taking care of a baby. Or, in your case, twins. Tomorrow during class Miss. Granger, along with the other girls, will take a potion that will make them pregnant. Each potion has already been made but will require a hair so the children that you get will have the same genes as you and your partner. The nursery has already been set up and it will reflect the children you'll be having. Headmistress McGonagall will explain more tomorrow during your class but if you do have any questions please don't be afraid to ask. We wish you the best of luck on your journey!
Sincerely,
The Minister of Magic"

Hermione put the letter down after she had finished reading it aloud. "Well, should we take a look at the nursery?"

Draco nodded and got up off the couch, offering his hand to Hermione. She smiled a bit and took his hand, allowing him to pull her up. Draco hadn't let go of her hand as they walked together to one of the rooms.

They had figured that it was the nursery since the other two doors were opened and showed a more grownup looking bedroom and what looked like a children's bathroom. Hermione opened the closed door and gasped at what she saw.

The nursery had two cribs, both were a white color but one crib had a pink blanket while the other had a blue. The room itself was a natural color just like the rest of the small house. Between the two beds was a changing table along with storage spaces for probably diapers and other necessities needed for the babies. In the corner was a lamp and chair with a closed container of children's books.

Draco had been absentmindedly rubbing his thumb up and down the side of Hermione's hand, causing her to blush when she noticed what he was doing.

'Maybe this won't be so bad after all,' Draco and Hermione both thought to themselves.

. . .

It was the next morning and the two had decided to stay in for breakfast instead of going to the Great Hall as it would give them time to talk about the class they would soon be going to and the children they would soon have.

"How do you feel about all this?" Draco asked, whilst fixing a plate of toast for himself.

Hermione sat eating a bowl of cereal, swallowing what she had in her mouth before responding to his question. "I don't know, I mean I'm sure we'll be fine to get along. We have been for the most part already. I just don't know how it'll go with children added into the mix, plus my friends don't really like you and your friends don't really like me."

Draco nodded in agreement. "Well McGongall knows what she's doing so I'm sure it'll all work out for the best. The only reason we're paired together is because she wants to create house unity and I honestly don't mind it at all. I'd rather my child, when I do have one for real, go to a school where he won't be bullied for my mistakes."

"I respect that," Hermione said, looking up at the boy thoughtfully.

Draco sent her a small smile before clearing his plate of any remains and flicking his wand, letting the plate wash magically.

"I'm going to get ready for class," Draco spoke. "I'll see you later."

And with that he left the kitchen to change, leaving Hermione to her thoughts.

. . .

"Good morning, students. I hope you all had a peaceful sleep," McGonagall announced to the seventh years. "Now, please get up and sit by your assigned partners. We'll be beginning right away."

Hermione stood up and moved to sit in the previously filled seat next to Draco, sending him a small smile. She could hear Ron muttering from the other side of the room when Pansy sat next to him, slamming her own books onto the desk in front of her.

Harry and Ginny looked as happy as ever to have been paired up together, as did Neville and Luna. Blaise and Lavender didn't seem to have a problem with each other either.

"There is a potion in front of you, now please don't sm-" Before McGonagall could finish what she was saying there were two groans and then two sounds of bodies falling to the floor. "Smell it," McGonagall sighed.

Lavender Brown and Neville Longbottom were laid on the floor, completely passed out.

"Leave it to Longbottom and Brown to not wait for instructions," Pansy joked.

"Right then, I'll be right back," Professor McGonagall said, levitating both of the bodies. "Don't touch anything and whatever you do don't smell the potion. Oh, and Mr. Zabini, Miss. Lovegood you two will be paired for this project now as Miss. Brown and Mr. Longbottom will be out of it for a while."

. . .

Once Professor McGonagall returned, she continued with the lesson.

"As you have seen this potion has a strong consequence if you straight up smell it. So, ladies, please do not smell the potion when you take it. Now please take both of your hairs and put them into the potion. Good, now stir it a bit. After you've stirred and you see a few bubbles then you're ready to take the potion."

Professor McGonagall watched as her students slowly stirred their potions. Bubbles popped up in them one at a time and she watched as the girls all downed the potions.

"Great. As you know the potion has been charmed so you will have the number of children you were told. The potion also has a fast track charm on it so the pregnancy won't last a full nine months like normal, but you will still go through the troubles pregnancy brings like morning sickness and irritability."

"In one month time you'll have your child or children, depending on how many you were assigned by the Ministry. The children will age quicker as well once they're here. You will have one month with them at each age. Once they turn ten you will only have a few weeks left with them before they disappear. When they're gone you and your partner will then have two weeks to write a five page report on the perks and consequences on having a child."

Hermione listened intently to her favorite Professor, writing down notes as well to be sure she understood everything that was being said and what would have to be done once the children were gone.

When McGonagall was done speaking she dismissed the class, allowing them some time to think before next class started.