Sixteen

"Happy birthday to you!" Hermione and Draco sang, watching their now four year olds blow out the candles on the cake.

They clapped before Hermione turned on the lights and got out four plates along with a cake cutter. She evenly cut the cake and put one piece on each plate, handing them out afterward.

"Mommy I'm this many," Danielle said, proudly holding up four fingers.

"Yes you are four, baby. Good job."

"I'm that many too!" Scorpius announced, looking for attention from his mom.

"Yes you are! Good job, honey," Hermione smiled at her son. Draco was laughing beside her.

"What's so funny daddy?" Danielle asked, scrunching up her face in confusion.

"Yeah, what's so funny?" Hermione asked, before sending Draco a smirk and adding "daddy" to the end of her sentence.

Draco's throat closed up at that, making him cough multiple times to clear it. "Nothing," he wheezed out.

Hermione and her children both laughed at Draco's silliness.

"Alright, let's get going to the match!" Draco said as soon as his throat cleared up and he could talk right again.

"Yay!" Scorpius exclaimed, clearly excited to get to see another Quidditch match. It was clear he definitely got his love of the game from his father since Hermione wanted to do anything but.

. . .

The game was over, Ravenclaw had won. Draco and Scorpius were talking about the match, well as much as they could talk about it with Scorpius' limited vocabulary.

"Who's up for a quick trip to Hogsmeade? I need to finish up some Christmas shopping." Hermione spoke, readjusting Danielle who was set on her hip.

"Can we got to Honeydukes?" Scorpius asked, eyes wide with hope.

"Only if you don't complain in the stores," Hermione agreed. Scorpius smiled and tugged on his dads hand, sending him pleading eyes.

"Oh alright," Draco sighed. "I guess I can go into Quality Quidditch Supplies."

"Yes!" Scorpius started running toward the gates that led to Hogsmeade when Hermione called out for him to stop.

"We don't need you running away now," she said softly, sending a smile down to the boy.

"Okay mommy," Scorpius grabbed onto her hand after that. Draco followed behind them, watching the witch he now got to call his girlfriend with their children.

. . .

"I want that one!" Scorpius cried, pointing at a children's book that seemed to be about Quidditch.

'Of course,' Hermione thought to herself. She was going to have another Quidditch player on her hands to look after.

The four were currently in Flourish & Blotts looking at the new selection of books. Danielle and Scorpius were hung up over the newly added children's section while Draco and Hermione were looking at the few new books the store had just received since they had both practically read the rest of the store already.

"Put the ones you like in the basket," Hermione told the two children. "You can get as many books as you want."

To Hermione, learned never came as a price to her. All of her children would always be allowed to get as many as they wanted. Draco had laughed at that when she told him, thinking it was a joke. It wasn't until he didn't see her laughing that he realized it wasn't and that she was completely serious.

By the time they were done, the couple was carrying two bags filled of books each (mind you there were about two or three books per bag depending on the size).

Their next stop was Quality Quidditch Supplies for Draco before heading over to Honeydukes for the kids (and for them as well if we're being completely honest here).

The bell on the door went off when they entered the store, allowing for the shop owner to know someone was there.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy! Wonderful to see you again," The shop owner smiled, warmly greeting the boy.

"Lovely to see you as well," Draco responded politely. "Mind if we have a look around?"

"Why not at all! I see you have the children with you, we've just gotten a shipment of child brooms if you're interested."

Scorpius bounced up and down at that. "Please daddy! Please mommy!"

Hermione looked at Draco, giving him the 'don't you dare agree' look. Unfortunately for her, Draco didn't understand what she was saying (or maybe he just didn't listen 😉) and gave the shop owner the 'okay'.

"A boy has to have a broom, 'Mione," he said when she hit his arm, hissing that she wasn't okay with it.

"Well when he gets hurt don't come crying to me," Hermione spoke, clearly upset.

"No son of mine would ever get hurt while riding a broom. It's not in the genes!" Draco winked. Hermione rolled her eyes and set off to leave but before she could Draco grabbed her hand, linking their fingers together.

"He'll be fine, I promise." Draco whispered in her ear after pulling her back into him. He kissed the top of her head and then her cheek before releasing her so he could go pay for his sons new broom.

The family then exited the store and made their way into Honeydukes, giving their children strict instructions on how they could only get five pieces of candy and nothing more.

. . .

it's late but it's up! this is a bit of a filler chapter but i couldn't really think of anything else to write about.

honestly i think this story is coming down to its final moments so there may not be much left.

winter break is coming up for them (next chapter probably) so i'll try to do maybe two chapters on that but other than that, there's not much left to write about.

i hope you all enjoyed the chapter (:

- emma