Nineteen

Easter break had just begun and Hermione and Draco were pretty excited to get a break from school. They had been super busy lately and hadn't really been able to spend anytime with the kids. Scorpius and Danielle would be disappearing soon so the two wanted to spend as much time as possible with them.

They were celebrating Easter at The Weasley's this year considering it was going to be Fred and George's birthday on the same day. Everyone would also be celebrating the children's birthdays since theirs were just the day after.

"Scorpius, Danielle are you two ready to go yet?" Hermione called out to the seven, soon-to-be eight, year olds.

"Yes mum!" She heard Scorpius call out. "Dani's ready too!"

"Let's go then."

. . .

"Blow out the candles, make a wish!"

They all watched as each of the kids blew out the candle on their own personal cupcake, Fred and George included. The group clapped before Molly Weasley also brought out two tubs of ice cream that were to be shared around.

Once they were all done, everyone headed outside for the Easter Egg hunt that was set up for the kids to do while the adults sat around and talked.

Draco noticed that Hermione had some tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong, love?"

"They're going to be gone soon," she whispered. A tear dropped from her eye and down onto her cheek but she wiped it away before anyone could notice.

Draco sent the witch a sad smile, moving over to where she was and sat down, pulling her into him for a hug.

"It will be okay, I promise. It'll all work out for the best."

Hermione hugged Draco tightly to her side, almost as if he would disappear into thin air if she had a looser grip. He placed his lips on the top of her head giving her a small kiss before planting one on her cheek as well. Their hands then connected and Draco slowly moved his thumb up and down on her hand in a comforting way.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

"I love you too."

The two watched as their children found easter egg after easter egg, putting them all into the little baskets that had been provided by Mrs. Weasley. They laughed at their happiness whenever they found an egg and soon enough it was time to leave to go back to Hogwarts for the grand feast that awaited them.

. . .

Professor McGonagall stood at the head of the professors table, clinking her glass with a spoon to get everyone to quiet down.

"I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families," she announced, taking a moment to allow everyone to settle more.

"Now, before we begin the feast, I've had a favor asked of me and I now turn everyone's attention over to Mr. Malfoy who has something to ask."

Draco stood up from his position at the family table where all the students in the parenting class ate with their partners and children. Hermione looked at him clearly confused as she had no idea as to what was about to happen.

Whispers were heard around the hall as Draco cleared his throat, turning to nod to the Headmistress as if thanking her before turning back to face Hermione Granger, the love of his life.

"Hermione Jean Granger," Draco started, looking directly into her eyes. "You are the most kind and selfless person I know. And for that I love you. I love you so much it hurts. I don't want to live another day without knowing what our future holds. I don't want to live another day knowing you could be taken from me at any moment."

Gasps were heard from all around, whispers of students guesses as to what was going on. Hermione sat there looking at Draco with tears in her eyes when he started to bend down and pull something out of his pocket.

"It would be an absolute honor to be called your husband. And I'm just her hoping you'll give me that incredible honor. So, Hermione Granger, will you marry me?"

. . .

there's only two (maybe three, i haven't fully decided what i'm going to do yet) more chapters left until the epilogue.

- emma