The Long Road

**Still Gerard's P.O.V**

**Time Lapse**

We were about 10 minutes away from our hotel when I woke up to hear a buzzing coming from my pocket. I pulled out my cellphone to see that Ava, the girl I met at the comic book store, messaged me.

Ava: Hello Gerardo.

Me: Gerardo? That's an odd nickname. lol

Ava: Well, I could call you Gerard if you want...

Me: NO! I mean Gerardo is fine :)

The conversation went on to talk about our lives and we got to know each other. I found out her favorite colors are black and blue. Her current favorite band is Falling In Reverse and at school she doesn't have the best luck. She gets beat up often and the principal is stupid and lie t protect a student athlete. She has one friend but she lives and hour away and they don't talk very often.

I relate to her so much though. Aside from the band I am in, which is called My Chemical Romance, I never really had many friends. I am a comic book nerd just like she is. I don't only enjoy reading comics. I love writing and drawing comic book characters as well. I never felt like I would find anybody who is so similar to me.

I have never been this happy with anybody. She doesn't realize but she brought a little light to my dark world and for once, I don't feel all alone.

-----

**Ava's P.O.V**

I can't believe I just asked a boy for his phone number and he gave it to me! I barely know this boy but I want to get to know him more. I would love him.. I mean I would love to hangout with him again for longer obviously.

I think it's funny how when I met him, I was nervous and scared because I am well.. me and he was so good looking now look! I have his phone number.

I walked out to my car and pulled out my phone and texted the number he typed into my phone. I was going to be the first person to text so, I had to come up with something good. Soemthing he would remember.

Me: Hello Gerardo.

Gerardo? What even is that? I probably messed things up before things even got started. Great, good job dummy.

Gerard: Gerardo? That's an odd nickname. lol

He answered me fairly quickly. Maybe he missed me as much as I missed him.

"Nah, he couldn't miss me. He probably is dating somebody who is much prettier than I am," I thought to myself. I then sighed and clicked the text box once again. I sat down in the backseat and typed as fast as I possibly could.

Me: Well, I could call you Gerard if you want...

I sighed. What if he doesn't like me back? What if he doesn't like me at all? What if he is just texting me to be nice?

I shoved my phone back into my phone. I wasn't really expecting a reply at all because I was afraid that he would think I was some annoying girl who somehow has a crush on him already and I haven't even known him for an entire day. That's when I grabbed my ear buds and put them into my ears.

I was scrolling through my YouTube's Recommended for me list and with the multiple Bring Me The Horizon songs and Black Veil Brides recommended songs, there was one song that stood out to me.  The song was called "The Ghost Of You Lyrics " popped up. It was by a band named My Chemical Romance.

"Hmm, this is something new," I said tapping on the lyric video.

These lyrics were amazing, I sat back and closed my eyes when my phone vibrated. I instantly jerked my body to grab my phone. I flipped on my lock screen to see a text from Gerard, I felt relieved that he answered me.

Gerard: NO! I mean Gerardo is fine :)

I giggled and smiled. I called him and the sound of his voice relieved me.

"Um, hey, whatcha doing?" I asked blushing and smiling like an idiot, I have never been this happy. Ever.

"My brothers and I are just arriving to my parents house," He said. He acted like he was happy to talk to me and nobody has done that before.

"So, I discovered a new band today, they're pretty great. You should give them a listen!"

"What band and what song?" He sounded generally interested in what I said.

"The song is called The Ghost Of You by My Chemical Romance," I say smiling and slightly squealing.

Chill out a little bit, you don't want him to think you are a freak.

"If you think it's good, I'll give it a listen but only for you," Gerard said.

"Gerard get the fuck to bed gosh, you are so annoying with your being happy in stuff, go back to being emo and writing songs," I heard somebody in the background yell.

"Well, I guess I should let you get to bed, your brother seems slightly irritated but, before you go, can I ask you something?" I sighed. I didn't want him to go but he seemed busy and his brother seemed arrogant.

"Yes, you can ask me anything." He sounded sad as well. He didn't want to leave me either..

"Do you like me?" I said shaking. I was afraid of being rejected," By like I mean, do you like me as a friend?" I followed up the sentence. I didn't want to rush him into anything.

"Um, yes.. I do. I gotta go, I'll call you tomorrow morning ok?" He said shakily.

"Goodnight Gerard, Um hey, there is a concert in a few days for MCR, you wanna come with me?" I asked him. I listened to one of their songs and I was in love with them already.

"Ummmm... Yeah, Goodnight," Gerard said nervously. I don't know why he was so nervous. 

The phone then hung-up. I thought it was adorable that he was so nervous about talking and everything.

----------------------------

Hello!  I know this isn't the best chapter but I wanted to get it done so you guys could get more information on where this story is heading. I really hope you are enjoying this story so far and continue to enjoy it!!

Vote Comment, Follow and Share!