Chapter 12 - Delicate

"This ain't for the best.
My reputation's never been worse, so
You must like me for me."
- Taylor Swift

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hunter's POV

You know, my parents aren't home a lot.

Growing up, my friends always tried to convince me that was good thing. They were always telling me how cool it was that I had the whole place to myself, that I could do whatever I wanted.

I always acted like I thought it was cool too, but the truth is, I couldn't stand it.

Maybe no adult supervision meant I got to stay up late playing video games every night or watch tv until my eyes burned, but it also meant there was no one to greet me when I came home from school. No one to check my closet for monsters when I got scared in the middle of the night. No one to tell me everything was going to be okay when I had a bad day or make me dinner when I was too young to use the stove.

Getting to order pizza five nights a week might sound like fun when you're ten, but trust me, it gets old - fast.

Now that I'm older, my parents are home less than ever, and over time, I've grown to accept it. They have their own lives. I have mine, and honestly, the less involved in it they are, the better.

In fact, I'm finally starting to see that there are some perks to practically living alone.

For example, right now, I'm lying on my bed, getting hot and heavy with my girlfriend, and I'm probably one of the only teenagers in the world who doesn't have to worry about interruptions.

Mia shifts under me, and I feel her hands slip beneath my shirt. She runs her fingers up my back, down my stomach, and I let out a groan, kissing her neck as my muscles flex beneath her touch.

"Hunter?" she manages to breathe out.

"Hm?" I mumble distractedly, kissing down to the collar of her shirt.

"Didn't I.. oh god," she pauses, sucking in a breath as I use my tongue to retrace the path my lips just left. Finally, she catches her breath. "Um, didn't I, come over to do homework?"

"Think so," I reply, kissing the skin under her jaw. I tighten my grip on her thigh, and she lets out a breathy moan that does something to me.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath before bringing my lips back to hers. I kiss her hard, and she kisses me back just as fervently. "You seriously expect me to think about homework when you're making sounds like that?"

"Sorry," she says between kisses, "can't help it. But um, shouldn't we do that?"

"It's just physics," I reply. "We've got plenty of time."

"Physics is my worst subject."

"I'll tutor you."

"Like this?"

Finally, I relent. Pulling away, I let my head fall, resting in the crook of her neck. I can feel her chest quickly rising and falling beneath me as the two of us struggle to catch our breath.

Guess I do have to worry about some interruptions.

Letting out a sigh, I sit up as Mia follows suit. "You're right," I reply, tugging my shirt back down. "We should probably get to work."

Mia nods, running a hand over her hair as the two of us stand. I make my way around the bed, searching for my physics book which was flung to parts unknown earlier. Finally, I spot it halfway across the room, against the side of my dresser.