2. better than a baseball bat

"so it's like 2 in the morning

"so it's like 2 in the morning. i wake up and she's just lying next to me. she just sneaks in. this was like five times a week." stiles explained.

"and then what happens?" scott asked.

"this." stiles said lifting his shirt to reveal scratches all over his back.

"holy." scott said.

"yeah, right on. right? after that we spent the rest of the night spooning." stiles said.

"that sounds okay." scott told him.

"yeah, but i'm always the little spoon. always." stiles said making skylar let out a small laugh.

"this means you guys are together, right? you're dating?" scott asked.

"i don't know, sometimes the way she looks at me, i think she knows i'm not telling her something." stiles replied.

"you mean peter?" skylar asked.

"we got to tell her." stiles replied.

"yeah, i know. i just... i don't know how." scott replied as stiles walked off once he saw malia.

"are you sure you're okay with this?" scott asked skylar.

"it hurt to see him with someone else but i guess we both have to move on eventually right? yay!" skylar said as scott gave her a sad smile.

"don't give me that look, mccall." skylar said with a laugh.

"have you talked to isaac lately?" scott asked her.

"yeah, he told me that he was enjoying italy and that he missed us." skylar replied as her and scott walked into class.

skylar sat next to scott and on the other side was stiles while malia sat behind the two boys.

"it might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. one you'll recognize from last nights reading failed i'm business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of congress, and lost as vice president, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. who was he?" mr. yukimura asked.

skylar and stiles both raised their hand and scott looked over at stiles. stiles looked back at scott and gave him a little wink.

"malia." mr. yukimura said.

everyone turned around to see she had a yellow highlighter in her mouth and she had a red one in her hand. scotts phone started to ring and skylar turned back to look at him.

"scott, phones off. malia? one of our greatest presidents. gettysberg address. phones off. everyone." he said when he heard stiles' phone.

"malia? does anyone else know?" mr. yukimura asked.