7. crow files at midnight

"is four enough?" kira asked

"it depends on how many cameras they have. but i think so." stiles replied.

"are we really doing this?" liam asked.

"yes, we're doing this. tonight." skylar told him.

"but isn't it kind of dangerous?" liam asked.

"it's incredible dangerous. and borderline idiotic." stiles said.

"have you guys done something like this before?" liam asked.

"something dangerous? or something idiotic?" stiles asked.

"i remember when kira first asked a question like that." skylar said with a chuckle.

"i think it's a yes to both." kira said.

"you don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to." scott told liam.

"i'm not scared." liam told him.

"then you're borderline idiotic." stiles said patting him on the shoulder as he gave him a wink.

"if we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. you know that, right?" stiles asked scott.

"how do we even know something's definitely coming?" kira asked.

"because the tape from garett's bag said visual confirmation required." scott explained.

"simon said the same thing. he couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." stiles said.

"so the idea is, what if you kill someone on the deadpool, but you can't send the proof?" scott said.

"you wouldn't get paid." skylar said.

"but how does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" liam asked.

"he still needs to know if the target is really dead." scott said.

"especially if it's someone high on the list." stiles said.

"so, if he wants visual confirmation..." liam trailed off.

"he's going to have to come get it himself." scott said.

the plan was payton would use a spell that would slow scotts heart rate down enough so he seemed dead when he arrived at the hospital. after scott would pretend to be dead while the others waited for the benefactor to come.

-

melissa walked into the morgue and she looked at scotts almost dead body.

"i still hate this plan. i mean this is pretty significantly terrifying. he looks dead." melissa said.

"give me your hand." payton told her and melissa did as told.