Announcements

Avas POV

Sam's here. I wonder why he's living in this place. Maybe this is a training thing. Abigail could be training to be a doctor, stuff like that. Some wierd schooling system that our school is a part of.
If I did loose my memory, then I must have trained for something. Maybe a dentist? Wouldn't I be training with Abigail?
I glanced at Dawson. He seemed to be on a mission. Maybe because Abby told us to go back to our dorm? Why does everyone do what she says? I get why Dawson would, but everyone else?
We reached our door, and we went inside.
Something like a dodgeball landed on my head.
"What the-" I picked up the bright orange ball. It looked like a basketball but it felt like a mini beach ball. Someone grabbed the ball and dunked on a door net I didn't even see.
"What's up?" The guy who dunked the ball stood infront of us. His hair was brown and curly, and short. His eyes were light brown. He was tall, around 5'6. He was thin, but strong at the same time. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember from where.
"Who are you?" The stranger looked at me, then Dawson. The 'what-the-heck' look he gave him made me confused. Did Dawson know this person?
"She lost her momory," Dawson walked over to the dresser and started searching for something.
"Oh, ok. So I met you in the past year and month I forgot?" I rolled my eyes. This was just some wierd dream, or prank, I cant dicide which.
"You've known me all your life." The person shot the ball agian, and it went in.
"Ava," Dawson came up to me, pyjamas in hand. "Thats Sam."
Wait... What? That can't be right. Sam is 5'2!
"That can't be Sam!" I stared in disbelief.
"That's Sam," Dawson went into the hall and shut the door, probably going to the bathroom to change.
"Wait, how do I know it's you?" I asked, glaring at the person.
"You don't!" He spun and dunked on me.
"Yep, you're Sam!" I jumped on my brother and hugged him.
"We should get to bed," Dawson walked back in wearing red pyjamas. He put his uniform away and grabbed me some pyjamas. I grabbed them from his hand and left towards the bathroom.
When I came back they were already asleep so I turned off the light before climbing in the middle bed. If this is some insane dream, Im sure it will be over soon.

---

"Ava get up quick! We need to get to the gym!" I opened my eyes slightly.
"What? Why is gym class so early?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes, and my vision was blurry.
"Its already six o'clock in the morning!" The yelling was Dawson. I fell back on the bed and snuggled into my blanket.
"Get up!" A pillow landed on my face and the blanket was torn off of me.
"Why are we going to the gym? This is ridiculous! School doesn't start 'till nine!" I sat up agian and hurled the pillow back at Sam.
"Here," Dawson handed me some clothes. "Get ready we need to be there in fifteen minutes."
The colours I could see were camouflage and black. I got up and went to open the door.
"Be fast!" I shut the door and walked down the hall to the bathroom.
Once I came back Dawson dragged me to the gym.
"Why are we going to the gym?" I asked as I was dragged.
"The announcements."
We came up to the big, wooden, gym doors. We walked inside, and there were a lot of people. We filled into the room and watched the stage.
Abby walked into the center of the stage, slowly and with confidence. Her hair was in the perfect bun agian, and she was wearing the same thing as yesterday.
When she reached the center stage she stopped and turned to face us. "Welcome. Our disigner, 7P, is limiting her fabric supply. Our weapons creator, 7A, is running low on metal. Much more supplies other than these are needed. As a result, the runners will be leaving on this day to thier next mission.
Training will take place thirty minutes after the announcements. While you are all training, the runners will stay.
That will be all." She walked off the stage, and everyone started to leave. The only people left were Dawson, Sam, Emma, Carter, and Blaine.
Emmas light brown hair was pulled into a braid. And everyone wore the same thing.
"Runners," Abby walked towards us and everyone got in a line. I was confused but cought on. Dawson and Emma were on either side of me. Dawson was looking at his boots.
"6A, braid your hair." Now she's telling me how to do my hair? Abby never cared what anyone looked like.
"Do it, Ava." Dawson whispered. I was assuming it was the smart thing to do. Emma handed me an elastic band. I saw black on my wrist as I reached out to grab it. I pulled my wrist towards my face, looking at the marks on my wrist.
"What are these?" Five hatch marks were on one wrist, and there was only one on the other.
"Those are your rank. All runners have six marks. The amount of marks you have determines your rank." Abby was infront of us, her arms behind her back.
"How many do you have?" Everyone listened to her, so she must be a high rank or something.
"I have ten marks." Abby held up her wrists to show her rank, and put them back behind her.
"Who else has ten?" I could feel Carter looking at me as I asked these questions.
"6A, why are you asking these questions?" Carter looked confused.
"She has lost her memory. She remembers up until the day of your baseball turnament."
Carters eyes went wide at Abbys statement.
"6A, you will need training. Your team will have the easier supplies to retrieve." Dawson and Emma nodded.
"The other team, you will have the more difficult supplies to retrieve." Carter, Sam, and Blaine nodded.
"Good luck. In thirty minutes you will stop by my office and collect a sheet with each teams supplies. You will leave after that, and stay out there for two nights." With that, she left.