Gift

Avas POV

Dawson handed me a camouflaged bag.
"You have everything you need in there," He opened our door after giving Sam his bag.
Carter met us in the halls as we walked. "You really don't remember?"
"No, I don't. Maybe she should announce it or something so I don't have to keep explaining it." I agusted my bag and walked slightly faster.
"You shouldn't talk disrespectly about Chief." Cater cought up with me and whispered.
"Ok? What's it matter?" Carter stopped as he heard my words.
"You could get thrown over the wall." He shook his head and kept walking.
"What wall?" This was so annoying, asking what everything is.
"The wall, it keeps us safe." He opened the door to the gym for me and I walked in. Abby was standing directly in the center, feet together, hands behind her back, chin raised. Emma and Blaine were already there, standing in the same spots as yesterday.
I joined the line and crossed my arms.
"6A, I understand this will be a difficult mission. Therefore, I have a gift for you." A guard came up behind her, and bowed his head as he handed her a pistol.
"This is a attempt at constructing my new weapon, a dangurously powerful gun. This gun is powerful, but not as. I give this gun to you, 6A, to assist you on your mission." She handed me the gun.
"Er... Thanks..." I studied It and started to wonder. "But, why do I need a gun?"
Abby waved her hand backwards, the other one in its rightful place behind her back. The guard left.
"You will need it to survive. We have lived through much, the runners even more so. Outside the base, you will face nightmares."
I looked to Dawson, but his gaze was serious and on Abby.
"Ok...? I guess." I put the gun in my bag, feeling acward at the fact that my best friend just gave me a gun to live.
"6D," Dawson hid his smile, well infact, but being his twin, I knew he was smiling on the inside.
"You wished to protect your sibling? Perhaps that will be needed. Keep her well, she is a valuable member of this base." Thier eyes locked.
Dawson kept hidding his smile at being trusted. "I will protect her with my life, Chief."
I was shocked, usually Dawson would get nervous by direct eye contact with Abby.
Abby handed each of us a slip of paper.
Metal.
Food.
Clothing/Fabric.
Simple enough.  I knew where to get all of this stuff in my house.
"Return safely, and remind yourself that our base deppends on you."
We left the gym, looking outside the front doors.
"Ok, so what's the nightmare I'm facing out there?" Carter looked at me with simpathy.
"Well..." He trailed off, looking outside. "You'll see."
I raised an eyebrow and shrugged. This was wierd enough, can't get that much worse. Can it?