chapter 4

" I got it" I yelled, holding up the fish in my hands. ash and blue eyes hooted, amused. '' can we go home now, I'm hungry.'' i said, putting my hands on my tummy. ' alright, you caught your first fish, lets go home.' ash signed, leading the way home. I jumped on blue's back, clenching a fistful of fur to keep from falling off. we was about a mile away from the river when ash decided to play. he came from behind blue eyes, before he started to tickle me . i squealed with laughter, jumping off blue's back to get away from him. i ran ahead, but stopped short when i saw a face i never wanted to see again. my laughter died down as he made eye contact with me. '' well, well, well, look at what the cat dragged in.'' he chuckled, smirking. but it was short lived when ash and blue eyes came into view. everything was silent for a while before carver pulled out a gun. blue and ash moved back a little, startled while i held my hands up and stepped in between them.

'' C-Carver, p-please don't'' i whispered. '' you shut up!! you step back!!'' he shouted, waving the gun around. ash was moving around , trying to get a closer look. '' hey, stay back!!'' carver yelled. everything seemed to slow at that point. carver shooting the gun, glazing ash's shoulder in the mean time and me screaming with tears welled up in my eyes. '' no!!'' i yelled, running to ash. i was stop short when something grabbed the back of my shirt. blue eyes was shouting. so was carver. the next thing i knew was that more humans was coming and Caesar along with most of the male warriors was there. i cried and stopped my struggle, falling to my knees. my breathing started to speed up, making it harder to breath. '' oh shit'' carver exclaimed. ''GO!!'' Caesar yelled, before jumping down from the rock in front of me. he knelled down in front of me. ' get help from humans, will come for you in the morning' he signed. i shocked my head. ' no bad man that did the scars are in the group. please don't make me go' i signed, shaking my head. ' will not hurt you will make sure of that' he signed.

"GO!!'' koba screamed, before more of the apes started to scream and shout. the older female from the group picked me up, making me cry and scream louder. '' CAESAR!!'' i cried, kicking my legs and trying to get out of the strange lady arms. I cried all the way to their car. "SHUT UP" carver yelled, making me cry harder. "Carver, stop yelling at her, that makes her even more scared" the lady holding me said. After about a few minutes I calmed down. " there we go, see all nice and calm" she said, stroking my hair. " I-I want to go home" I said, rubbing my eyes. " where is your home" the younger female said, leading forwards to see me. " with...apes" I said, dowsing of to sleep. the last thing i saw was everyone's shocked faces before darkness took over.

~Normal pov~

After Annabella went to sleep, the group started to discuss what to do with her. '' dad, we have to take her back. no one knows how long she's been out there with them. it looks like most of them are already close to her.'' the younger female named Layla said to the man with rusty brown hair. '' i don't know Layla, she was having a panic attack when we found her.'' Malcolm, her father said. '' dad, we should take her back, they might come for her'' Alex, Malcolm older child and only son.'' why the hell are you guys even discussing this, she staying with us.'' carver said. '' no she's not , if she stays then that puts the whole city at risk'' Ellie said. soon they got back and started to have a conversation with the leader.
~TIME SKIP~
Annabella pov
It was later that night when I came too again. I was in a bed that was worn out, a dresser that looked old and with pictures all over the wall. " hey, glad to see that your awake, you had everyone worried." A voice said. Walking out of the shadows was a 16 year old girl that had blonde hair and blue eyes

"W-where am i" I asked. "Your in my house in my parents room" she said. "What's your name" I asked. " my name is Layla" she said "that's a pretty name" I said. " thank you" there was a knock at the door. "Can we come in" a voice asked. "Yes" Layla said. After she said that, two men and a women walked in. "Anna this is my family, my dad Malcom, my brother Alexander but we call him Alex, and my mom, Ellie" she said, pointing to each person. "Hi" I said waving. "Hello/hi" they say. Ellie walked over to me and placed her hand on my forehead. " glad to see that your fever went down.'' she said. '' yea I feel fine, I always have those panic attacks if I feel threaten or scared for my family'' I said, looking at my hands.

'' I hope you don't mind, but can I ask what you was doing with the apes'' Malcom ask. '' I was with my brother, I was alone for almost ten years In the woods, I had to leave the city because my father died because of the flu and the city was going to kill anyone who had contact with the infected. so he told me to go find Caesar, my brother'' I said. '' so your... brother is... the one who started this'' Layla said. I stayed quieted, unable to answer. '' he's the reason why we are living like this!'' she yelled. '' Layla, calm down..'' Malcom said. '' no dad, we lost mom because of some monkey that wanted to be free.'' she said. '' he's not monkey'' I said, looking at her in her eyes. '' then what is he'' she said in a low voice. '' look I just want you to know, your not the only one who lost someone, I lost my dad, grandfather, and my auntie, and they all died in front of my eyes, they all was in pain but they kept that to themselves, I was only 2 years old but I remember everything. so don't act like your the only person that has lost someone, and he's a ape. there's a difference.'' I said, turning away from them.

'' try to get some sleep Anna, we'll get you home first thing in the morning'' Ellie said pulling the covers over my shoulders and kissing my forehead. '' goodnight Anna, sweet dreams'' she said turning off the light and shutting the door. I drifted off too sleep, hopping that when she said sweet dreams, that I would really have them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And done with this chapter. I had a big writers block on this one but I got it done... I hope you guys like it...enjoy!!!!!!