Chapter 7

Hiii!!!! How are you guys!! Hope your good! Now onto the story!
——————————————————————————————————

~Normal POV~

When they was sure that Annabella was fast asleep, Malcom and Ellie started talking. " so will you help us, we really need the lights to survive" he asked, his eyes pleading. Caesar nodded, making blue eyes get up and leave, taking milo with him.

When the humans left, Caesar stayed with Cornelia, one hand on her head, the other rubbing circles on Anna's back. ' you...should...rest' Cornelia signed weakly. Caesar shook his head, taking his hand off Anna's back to sign. 'Can't, have to go hunting' he signed. Cornelia nodded, reaching for Caesar's head to put them together for a quick minute. 'Be safe' she signed, putting her hand down.

"Mama...Papa..." they heard Anna whisper. They looked at each other, shocked at what she said. Then they smiled at each other, putting both hands on her hand.

~The Next Day~

~Annabella POV~

I groaned as I started to wake up. I opened my eyes to see milo staring at me. 'Hi milo' I signed sleepy. He cooled, laying his head on my head. ' love you too buddy' I signed, getting up. Looking around, I noticed that I was in the bed with Cornelia, Caesar nowhere in sight.

I slowly got up, careful not to wake Cornelia. When I was standing on my own, I carefully walked out of the door. When I was far away from the bed, I ran to the door, making my way down the stairs of the home tree.  I looked around, taking note that most of the male apes were gone. 'They probably went to the dam to work on things' I thought, walking around the village.

After a few minutes of walking around, I spotted Koba. Walking up to him, I sat in front of him. He looked up when he saw my shadow. 'What do you want' he signed. ' I wanted to know... why did you save me...in the river?... I thought you hated humans' I asked, looking at him. 'Realized something... not all humans are bad... not even little cute girls like you' he signed with a smile, ruffling my hair a bit. I grinned, tacking him in a hug. He hesitated to hug me back, but eventually did. I waved as I walked towards lake. I waved at the apes who hooted in greeting.

' Hi lake' I signed, sitting next to her. 'Hello Anna' she signed back. "What are you doing" I asked, looking at the basket that's not done yet. 'Weaving baskets' she signed. "Cool" I said. I sat near lake the whole day, watching her and some other females do baskets.

~Time Skip~

It was almost dinner time when Caesar and the rest of the male apes came back with the humans in tow. I left my spot next to lake and started running towards him. I slowed when I saw him and Cornelia embrace each other in a hug, milo in the middle of the hug. But when blue eyes joined the hug, I looked away. I walked to a almost empty part of the village, and sat on the ground. 'I'll never be able to have a full family like he does' I thought. Caesar have his own family to take care of. He doesn't have time to look after a seven year old human girl. With the village and raising two sons, he and Cornelia must be pretty worn out.

I closed my eyes as I felt the familiar stings of tears in my eyes. 'You have to keep you eyes wide open to see what happens' my father's voice said in my head. I smiled a little. That was a song me and auntie Caroline used to sing when I was felling sad.

~Normal POV~

Anna started humming softly to the music to the music in her head.

La di da da da na
Yeah
Everybody loves to tell me I was born an old soul
Better keep my eyes wide open
There's so much that I don't know

As she started singing everyone near her quiet down to hear.

Just another hotel room
Never felt so all alone
I think about my granddad's eyes,
And they always send me home
I can almost hear him now
Gotta make him proud

Caesar looked around to find that everyone was very quiet for some reason.

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open
La
Whoa

He silenced everyone around him talking so he also can hear.

I can't see two steps ahead of me,
When the fog comes rollin' in
I never thought I'd miss the rain
Lord knows how long it's been
This dream burns inside of me,
And I can't just let it go
There's still so much that I don't know

What he heard was Annabelle singing, but it was soft. He silently got up from his seat, heading towards the small area where Anna was singing.

I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open, yeah
All I have is just this moment
And I don't want to miss a second

He listens and waited for her to finish.

'Cause it could all be gone in an instant
Yeah, in an instant
I keep my eyes wide open
Bless this ground, unbroken

I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
And my eyes wide open
I'm about to make my way
Heaven help me keep my faith
My eyes wide open
Keep my eyes wide open

Caesar watches as Anna begins to cry, putting her head on her knees, wrapping her arms around to hide her face. Caesar eyes softened, watching her cry.

~Anna's POV~

After I finished the song, I started crying. Crying for everyone I love, for the people who lost their life to the flu. I looked up when I heard a rustle in front of me. Caesar, Cornelia, blue eyes, and milo was standing in front of me. They all had small smiles on their faces. Milo, who was in his mother's arms, climbed down and into mine. 'Why Anna crying?' He signed.

I looked away, not being able to answer. A hand gently turned my face, making me look at Caesar. ' you are family...no matter what, no matter what happens, and no matter what we look like, we all are your family'. I smiled softly, standing up to hug him. We embraced for a short time, before letting each other go. 'Come eat' he signed. I nodded, taking Milo of my head and into my arms.

We walked back to the center of the village, where everyone was having dinner. 'I'm not hungry...can I go sit by Luca?' I asked. They nodded slowly, making me run towards Luca, who's back was turned to me. I jumped in his back, giggling and smiling. He turned his head slightly, huffing. I smiled at him. "Hi Luca!" I said. He smiled softly, going back to his food. He offered me some but I turned my face away. "I don't want any". He continued eating, talking to the other gorilla guards around him.

It was almost mid-night when a tragedy happened. I was walking towards Caesar and his family, wiping my eyes, trying to stay up. I tripped over a root sticking out of the ground. I caught myself before I fell to the ground. I walked towards him. "Caesar..?" He looked at me. I held my hands out, wanting to be picked up. He walked towards me, smiling softly. He looked behind me, his eyes going from soft to hard almost instantly. He pushed me towards blue eyes, who caught me. BANG! I jumped, covering my ears. I looked at Caesar, who was looking down at his chest. I followed his eyes, gasping when I saw darken fur. "Caesar?" He looked at me, before falling backwards. Everyone was silent, looking at where the king once stood. Cornelia's shrinking pulled everyone out of their own world. Blue eyes, along with some other female apes, held her back. I ran to the edge, looking for him. Tears started gathering in my eyes as I searched for him.

"CAESAR!!!"
______________________________________________________________________________
And chapter 7 is done! Sorry it took so long...hope you enjoy it! See ya soon!