Chapter 9

*Alarm Buzzes*

My alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I am so glad that it's Friday. My last day of work. This week has been great. I love my job so far, but I'm ready for the weekend. Takeoff stayed over again last night. I looked at the clock and it said 6:35 a.m. I figured I better get up before I'm late. I tried to sit up, but I couldn't. I looked down and Takeoff was laying on my stomach.

"Takeoff." I said while shaking him slightly.

"Huh," he said.

"Can you move I need to get ready for work?" I asked him.

"No, I don't want too." he said.

"You know I can't stay. I have work today." I said.

"Yeah yeah" He said.

I then got up to take a shower and got ready for the day. Today was a dress down day. So I decided to wear some jeans, a social work T-shirt, and some flats. I also just wore a ponytail and went bareface.

"Okay Takeoff I gotta go." I said.

"Ok" he said still laying in my bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Here. In my apartment?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I'll be here when you get off. We not doing nothing today." He said.

"Okay, I'm going to be back around 1 today. I leave early on Friday's." I said.

"Okay." He said.

I went downstairs and got into my car. I drove to my job. I stopped by McDonald's and got some pancakes. I went by the bakery near my house and picked up some donuts for the women.

I pulled up to my job just in time. I guess it was a little busy today since it was a Friday so traffic was hectic.

"Hello ladies." I said.

"Good morning," they said back to me.

"How are y'all doing this morning?" I asked them.

They all gave me different responses. Some were suffering from Morning sickness and others had back pain. I told them that I would look into some home remedies for morning sickness. I also said I would see if I could get some pregnancy pillows.

I decided that I would just relax with the women today. They have a parenting class starting at 11. After the parenting class, I had some quick end of the week counseling sessions with the ladies.

Once I finished that it was time for me to leave. I grabbed my stuff and said bye to the women.
I called Takeoff to let him know that I was on my way home, but he didn't answer. This nigga better not be still sleep in my bed.

Once I got to my apartment complex I noticed that his car was still there. So I parked and went upstairs. Once I opened my door there I could smell food.

"Takeoff," I said.

"Yeah," he said.

"What are you cooking?" I asked him.

"I'm frying some chicken and making waffles." He said.

"That sounds good. But do you fry chicken for all your friends? I said.