Ch 5: A storm, Tortuga, and a corset

"Mr.Gibbs, get ready for a storm" said Jack. "Aye" said Gibbs as he started shouting orders to the crew to make sure that we don't sink. You didn't want to fall off the ship and almost drown like last time, so you went to your room for safety. 20 minutes later, the storm was over and you came out of your room to see the crew working and Jack at the wheel.

"Men, make way for Tortuga" said Jack. "What the heck is Tortuga?" you asked.

"It's a place where people can loose their minds, have fun, and a place where pirates can drink without getting arrested by the navy" said Jack. "Cool" you said. 30 minutes later, you and the crew arrived in Tortuga and were going around buying stuff from the street venders. Then, Jack walked off and came back a second later with a corset. "Why do we need a corset?" you asked. "I lost a bet with Elizabeth, and now I have to wear a corset for a day" said Annamarie. "Ya, I heard that she had a reputation for making woman wear a corset who had lost bets with her" you said. After some more shopping, we went to a bar called The Faithful Bride and drank rum. Then, a lady dressed in all red and caked in red makeup came walking up to us looking super mad.

"Scarlet" said Jack excitedly, who ended up getting slapped by Scarlet.

"Not sure I deserved that" said Jack. Then, we saw another lady walking towards us dressed in all yellow with the same anger and rage look in her eyes.

"Giselle" said Jack to the lady. "Who was she?" asked Giselle, referring to Scarlet.

"What?" asked Jack, playing dumb. He also ended up getting slapped by Giselle.

"I may have deserved that" said Jack. "That was funny" you said. Everyone stared at you. "What? It's funny to me when other people get slapped" you said. You and the crew drank, sang, had fun, and was back on the ship hours later. The next day, you and the crew woke up Annamarie and got the corset on.

"How does it feel, love?" asked Jack. "(Gasps sharply) It's hard to say" said Annamarie.

"I heard they were the latest fashion craze in London" said Jack. "Apparently, London girls learned how not to breathe" said Annamarie, finding breathing hard.

"Did I say just regular corsets? I meant really tight corsets were the latest fashion craze in London" said Jack mockingly. "I stand by my previous statement: London girls must of learned how not to breathe" said Annamarie. "Gee, I wonder how long it'll be before you loose consciousness with that corset on" you said, mockingly. Annamarie looked ready to strangle you, but was held back by Will. "(Sigh) Elizabeth, how long do I have to keeps this STUPID corset on?" asked Anna. "As long as it takes for you to stop breathing" said Elizabeth. "Don't count on it, me and my family have lungs of steel" bragged Anna. "We'll see about that" said Elizabeth. After that the crew got to work, Jack went to the wheel, and you and Elizabeth stayed with Anna to make sure she doesn't entirely suffocate. "Little tip: Try to not to breathe through your nose too much, it'll just tighten the corset" said Elizabeth. "(Wheeze) Thanks, that's good to know. This could not get any worse" said Annamarie. "Man, is it suppose to be this hot all day?" you ask. "I think so, it's gonna be 100 today" said Elizabeth. "(Wheeze) I was wrong, this could get worse" said Annamarie. "Coming from a girl raised on corsets, you have my bloody father to thank for that, I know how you feel, my lungs are still getting the effects of being pushed to the limit because of these death traps" you said. "Guys" said Annamarie. "Hang on, Annamarie. Seriously, it's like whoever invented corsets apparently never thought of the fact of how tight they can be sometimes" said Elizabeth. "Um...guys" said Annamarie a little louder. "Annamarie, hang on. I mean, just think of all the girls that have probably lost their lives due to these life killers" you said. "Guys, I-" said Annamarie. "Anna, we said 'hang on'. Hey, I've got a good nickname for them, chest tighteners, am I clever? Or am I clever?" said Elizabeth. "With a name like that, I'd still be surprised if they sold like crazy" you said. "Guys, I can't breathe" said Annamarie. "Ya, that's what I said the first time I wore a corset" said Elizabeth. "Ok, Anna. Now, what did you want to tell us?" asked Elizabeth. You and her ended up seeing Annamarie laying on the deck not moving. "Oh, my God" you yelled. Everyone ran to Anna. "Eh, she's not breathing" you said, worryingly.

"We need to get the corset off" said Jack. He untied the strings on the back of the corset, freeing Annamarie who was starting to breathe again. "Lungs of steel, huh?" you say. "Elizabeth, remind (wheeze) me never to (wheeze) make a bet (wheeze) with you (wheeze) ever again" said Annamarie. "I'll do that" said Elizabeth.

"Ok. Now, back to work, you scabrous dogs" said Jack. We all got back to work and continued sailing. 'Maybe, a pirate's life wouldn't be so bad' you thought as you started to hum every pirate's favorite song 'A Pirate's Life For Me'.