Chapter 32

Nico's POV:

Everything was chaotic within my own body. A sensation that no vampire, no matter how old they were, could get used too.

Something about the Blood Moon did this to us, enhanced our senses enough that it almost made us go insane.

Our bodies would run on our long forgotten instincts, making even the almost silent humming of a lightbulb sound like a blaring siren.

Not to mention the immense pain that ran through our entire bodies for no reason other than to make us give in and let it take over.

Once it finally did we had barely any control over what happened until it began to get the blood that it craved.

These instincts were supposed to keep us alive yet all they did was make us suffer.

All because of the damned moon.

It must have overtaken me, judging by the fact that the world was calming down around me.

Nothing but darkness surrounded me like I was just sitting in nothingness. It was surreal almost, just relaxing and letting whatever was happening happen.

What even was happening?

Why was I even fighting it?

Fighting it has never worked, not for me nor for anyone else.

I couldn't even remember why I had decided to.

I thought I was holding it off just fine this time, but something changed that really fast.

It had been a while since I tried to fight it, so what brought me to do it this time?

Letting it take over was so much easier.

I could feel the pain in my body lessen as my senses began to weaken to their normal state, showing that I had apparently gotten what I needed for this night.

This smell... I knew it so well, but couldn't seem to pinpoint what it belonged to. Or... Who it belonged too?

Yes... It was definitely a who.

I began to be able to feel the things around me.

What was I holding onto?

It felt like skin. It was cooler than a humans, yet it wasn't a Vampire's.

And this taste...

I knew this taste, it was unmistakable.

I could feel my stomach turn as soon as the realization hit me.

It was Khloe!

Light filled my vision as I forced my eyes open, regaining full control over what I was doing.

The whole experience was like crashing back into reality.

I promptly removed my fangs from her neck as soon as I possibly could, swallowing the small amount of blood that was in my mouth with an exasperated breath.

Memories of what happened quickly began to return to me as my shaky breaths sounded through the room.

Memories of what she did before this all happened.

I inhaled sharply, removing my hands from her wrists as squeezed my eyes shut, trying my best through my still groggy mind to piece everything together.