Chapter 33

Nico's POV:

I quickly stood atop the window sill, pressing my fingertips against the glass window.

My eyes glanced around outside, looking out for any signs of immediate danger.

The vampires that didn't have possession over slave or pet would have to resort to looking outside the castle to find something to satisfy their hunger.

Unfortunately, it wasn't easy, every human in the city hid themselves. Even the animals stayed hidden, which normally meant that either the Vampires out here would break into their houses, or feed on each other.

The later was more common due to it reasonably just being easier and more efficient.

A vampire dying from blood loss was practically impossible, our advanced healing abilities wouldn't allow it.

I pushed open the window, letting the cold air that showed the beginning of winter flow into the room as I took another step forward.

Still, I was no exception to this. Vampires were quiet flyers while on the hunt, so getting attacked was definitely a possibility.

And a fight against a bloodthirsty vampire was not an easy one to win.

I opened my wings enough to allow the cool air to meet them.

The one night we get our wings for free and this is what I use them for...

Was I really about to do this for my pet?

My pet of all damn things?!

I shook my head.

The hell? Of course I was.

She just sacrificed herself so that I could get what I needed, the least I could do was do something to keep her alive.

Had this been any of my past pets, this idea wouldn't have even come into consideration.

Losing Khloe after this just seemed like such a waste.

I took another step forward. Setting my hand against the window frame I stuck my head outside.

My eyes scanned the immediate area as my hair tossed in the breeze.

I couldn't see or hear anyone near me, but that didn't mean that they weren't there.

Taking one last precautionary measure, I inhaled deeply through my nose.

Another vampires scent was very hard to miss, and they were definitely around here.

I couldn't really tell how close due to the abundance of them out here, but I was pretty sure that I would be safe if I hurried.

My eyes narrowed as I looked down at the city.

Due to my job, I knew that there was one young man that for sure had B negative blood, and I'm pretty sure that I knew which general area of the city he lived in.

Finding which house he's in will probably be the hardest part.

My free hand tightened into a fist.

Even though I didn't know how critical Khloe's condition was, I didn't want to waste any more time.

I made it so that I was standing on the very edge, extending my wings as much as they could in this window sill.