Chapter 66

Khloe's POV:

I jumped as the door slammed against the wall, followed by one of the workers loud words.

"Rise and shine ladies! The quicker you wake your asses up the quicker we can load up and haul you guys back home!"

I heard a lot of the pets murmur after he spoke, some in positive ways, and some in negative.

I for one just rested my head back against the side of the cage.

I hadn't slept in over 48 hours and It was beginning to show.

All I wanted was to hurry up and go home.

Back to Nico and back to where I could comfortably sleep.

Doe shifted beside me.

"Are you ok?" She asked me.

It took a lot of willpower for me to lift my head from the wall and nod my head.

"Yea I'm fine," I responded.

Judging by the look on her face, I could tell that I wasn't very convincing, but I think the look I held in my eyes gave her enough information to know what the truth really was.

I rested my head back against the side, looking at the clipboard that hung on the bars of our cage.

They held our results from the tests that I guess they were supposed to give to our masters.

They briefly went over them with us last night, but even then I was too tired to really process anything that they said.

I was confident enough that with Nico as my Master I was healthy enough.

I perked up as much as I could as I heard them begin to open up the cages in the front of the room to load us up.

I couldn't worry less about how cold it was outside.

I'm pretty sure my body is already too tired to distinguish any cold feeling.

I could barely even feel the chill in this room.

It felt like hours, even though I knew it had to only had been like 20 minutes before one of the workers reached my cage.

He took Doe first, clipping one of the leashes to her collar and walking her out.

Another Vampire came to take me.

I had to mentally psych myself up and prepare myself to stand up before he clipped my leash.

I stumbled, but somehow managed to get up and walk to the trailer without collapsing.

Luckily I was placed towards the edge again.

I pretty much fell against the wall after he clipped my collar to the roof of the car, grabbing the bars to support myself.

Falling asleep and going limp here would pretty much mean that I would choke to death.

I gripped the bars tighter, willing my way through this whole thing.

Just a little longer. Just a little bit longer.

I kept praying and praying that they would do this faster.

I didn't even have enough energy to look and see if we were anywhere close to leaving.

I just forced myself to keep my eyes open and look at the terrain around me.

Once the engine turned on I felt like I might cry from happiness.

Even though the drive was kind of long, it was a straight shot from here to home.

I pulled the hood over my head and pulled the sleeved passed my hands to keep myself comfortable.

Maybe it would be better for me to make myself cold. That would make it easier to stay awake.

In the end, I decided against that, figuring that it would probably make the trip quicker if I was more comfortable.

Just a little longer.

Just a little longer before I'll have Nico's arms wrapped around me. Just a little longer before I can get into a warm bed. Just a little longer until I can see what Nico had planned for me once I got back.