Chapter 68

Khloe's POV:

I awoke in a very comfortable and very familiar position.

I could feel the nearly perfect coolness of Nico's skin where it touched mine.

A coolness that I was starting to associate with comfort more than the warmth that a blanket gave.

I could also feel the gentle tug against my head, telling me that Nico was messing with my hair.

Something that he's begun to do a lot lately.

Something that I had grown to like.

I slowly fluttered open my eyes, being met with Nico's chest.

He must have joined me after I fell asleep because I don't remember him laying with me.

But I was very glad he did. That peaceful sleep was much needed.

And the fact that I was in his arms probably made it that much better.

I inhaled as I stretched out my arms, legs, and back.

"Goodmorning sunshine," Nico spoke quietly.

I groaned a bit as my stretch came to an end.

I used the arm that somehow ended up around Nico to pull me closer to his body, my own not yet accepting that I was awake.

"Goodmorning," I replied groggily.

Wait... was it even morning?

I fell asleep during the morning so...

I used my other arm to push myself up so I could see the window past Nico's body.

My eyes gaped once I noticed that it was completely dark outside.

"Holy crap what time is it?" I asked.

How long was I asleep.

Nico chuckled quietly, the hand that was messing with my hair now grazing down my back.

"Almost nine I think." He replied casually.

I was asleep for nearly 12 hours...

My head turned towards Nico.

I remembered that he looked a little tired too when I came in, but that tired look was gone from his eyes now.

He must've gotten some sleep too.

But I doubt that he slept as long as I did.

"Have you been laying here with me the whole time?" I wondered.

To my surprise, he nodded.

"How long have you been awake?"

The corner of his mouth quirked upwards.

"It doesn't matter," He responded, now pushing himself up by his elbow, "Do you feel better?" he asked, changing the subject.

I decided to just accept that.

"Yeah, I really needed that" I stretched my arms above my head, glancing back at the window, "except now I'm not gonna be able to get any sleep tonight,"

Nico pushed himself into a sitting position, still facing me.

"Nah don't worry about that," he began, " I'm taking you somewhere later tonight."

Oh yeah!

The excitement that had been sitting in the back of my mind ever since he told me he was going to take me somewhere back before I left resurfaced.