❝brief❞ shitty synopsis

okay, brief shitty synopsis of what confusion has so farhappened

because god knows I need this as much as you probably do if you've made it this far

written by none other than t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶b̶e̶c̶i̶l̶i̶c̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶d̶a̶,̶  xeah azurehyn

needless to say, the following contain spoilers for the entirety of the last two seasons.

you have been appropriately warned.

Season 1

On the outside, Momozono Pai looks like a regular Japanese high school teenager, starting a new school year at Sapporo Odori High School with her best friend, Matsumoto Shiori. Except for having white hair that is, which she claims is because of Waardenburg Syndrome (̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶)̶. Her reality is a little far from normal.

Since childhood the two girls have been able to see Ayakashi, creatures born from folklore that shouldn't exist, yet do. Ayakashi are separated into two distinct groups; Yori Chiisai, who are Lesser Ayakashi. They come in millions of different forms, sizes, colours, personalities, and can exist for an indefinite amount of time. Then there are Hengen, Greater Ayakashi, who are the more powerful and on a level just below the gods humans have worshipped for thousands of years̶(̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶r̶c̶i̶s̶s̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶r̶s̶e̶h̶o̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶t̶w̶)̶.̶ They are humanoid in appearance, walk around, talk, and easily mingle with ordinary people.

But they're not human.

A̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶.̶

M̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶.

t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶h̶y̶s̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶i̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶H̶u̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶x̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶i̶l̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶n̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶s̶e̶s̶

Still, for all current intents and purposes, Pai is a regular Japanese teenager. Except her best friend is not.

Shiori is the Koki Sakura Hime, the current reincarnation of the famed princess Hiyori, who ate a cherry fruit from a sacred sakura tree, kissed by a Kigen, one of the original old gods. As such, her body, her soul, was blessed as the tree was, and she became coveted by the supernatural, ending up marrying an Oni. Now Hiyori is reborn as Shiori, who hates her origins and fears the Ayakashi world despite the fact that she is betrothed to a Hengen.

And not just any Hengen, but Akiyama Kouta, Heir to the throne of all Tengu. Together with Kouta and his Daitengu –eight of the most powerful Tengu, each with special Abilities that make them that much stronger –and a few others, Pai and Shiori live out their days as well as they can in innocent normalcy, despite being surrounded by the very beings they were taught to fear while growing up.

Still, Pai may seem like a regular Japanese teenager. Except her past is far from ordinary.

Four years ago, Pai and her entire family disappeared without a trace. Mother, father, eldest daughter, youngest daughter. All gone, family house abandoned with everything they owned still left behind, untouched.

No one who once knew the Momozono's remembers a thing about them now. It's as if the family once existed, and then simply didn't, and no one noticed their coming and going. Then, one year ago Pai was found bleeding on the mountain Ayashi House stands on with absolutely no memory of what happened from the day she went missing.